We're looking for people who are up for the challenge of honoring a seventy-five year legacy by making their own mark in new frontiers. If being part of a remarkable transformation energizes you, you're in the right place. We need pioneers, inventors, designers and entrepreneurs of all kinds.
Manager or Senior Manager, Human Resources - Distribution Center (Bilingual Spanish)
Please turn off any pop up blockers before clicking apply now
CREATIVITY IS OUR SUPERPOWER. It’s our heritage and it’s also our future. Because we don’t just make toys. We create innovative products and experiences that inspire, entertain and develop children through play. Mattel is at its best when every member of our team feels respected, included, and heard—when everyone can show up as themselves and do their best work every day. We value and share an infinite range of ideas and voices that evolve and broaden our perspectives with a reach that extends into all our brands, partners, and suppliers.
The Human Resources team are partners to all employees, delivering a meaningful, end to end employee experience. Our role is to attract, develop and engage employees in a purpose-centered work environment. Together, we challenge the status quo, encourage progressive thought and influence meaningful change across the business. Our global HR team serves more than 30,000 employees in more than 30 countries. In all that we do, we strive to be a talent-led organization that cultivates equality, inclusion and empowerment for our employees and the communities we serve. We value meaningful work and creating personalized career opportunities as we build a world class HR team.
Every day, our Human Resources team role models the following competencies:
- Influential Advisor - Champions an idea and provides solutions that impact the business
- Builder of Organizational Capabilities - Creates processes and opportunities to support organizational priorities
- Driver of Transformation - Leads with a growth mindset, continuously pursuing ways to remove barriers to execution
- Strategic Mindset - Utilizes available resources such as data, insights, analysis and team perspectives to inform decision making
- Business Acumen - Applies knowledge of the industry, market trends and competitive landscape to guide business outcomes
HR Business Partners work closely with business leaders to translate talent and culture priorities into locally relevant plans that attract, develop, and retain best-in-class talent. We are trusted advisors, and we empower our teams to reach their goals.
The Human Resources Manager or Senior Manager Human Resources for our Distribution Center (Distribution Services) is an innovative, strategic, and passionate HR Business Partner at Mattel. This person is responsible for leading the site’s HR function, ensuring all policies, procedures and protocols are aligned to broader Mattel. This position is also responsible for the site’s HR Strategy for all phases of recruitment and selection, training, development, employee relations, compensation & benefits, Occupational Health and Safety, payroll and retention within the Logistics Operations at our Jonestown, PA Distribution Center. The HR Manager will be expected to develop these strategies to support the business growth and to ensure the site aligns to the Company’s guidelines.
What Your Impact Will Be:
- In partnership with Global Supply Chain HR Leadership Team (GSC HRLT), the HR Manager will develop and lead strategies to attract, retain, engage and develop the hourly workforce.
- This employee will have supervisory responsibility for a recruiter and coordinator and should carry out these responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws. The incumbent will also have the responsibility to develop and support each individual growth’s potential.
- Partners with Compensation to determine, recommend, revise and/or implement competitive compensation plans and strategies.
- In partnership with Employment Law, stays current on proposed legislation and state and federal court decisions to assess industry trends, makes recommendations to management concerning developments that impact local operations.
- Partners with leadership on Labor strategy for the site which includes proactive communications and programs to educate employees.
- Consults employment law when necessary to ensure that policies comply with federal and state law, and when employment actions and activities require thorough discussion before proceeding with disciplinary actions.
- Develops Talent Strategies and provides insight to support the overall recruitment strategy. Will manage onsite recruiter responsible for full lifecycle recruiting phases including research, sourcing, proactive advertisements on multiple platforms, screening, interviewing selection and offer presentation for candidates.
- Assists line management in understanding and applying HR tools and programs in order to maximize employee performance, achieve organizational effectiveness and ensure legal compliance.
- Promotes the importance of living Mattel’s values.
- Ensures effective implementation and administration of HR tools and programs.
- Manages and conducts employee training and orientation programs.
- Translates Mattel’s global Diversity, Equity and Inclusion goals into local strategies focused on recruitment, retention, leadership development and building a culture of inclusion.
What We’re Looking For:
- 4 yrs with master’s degree or 6 years with bachelor's degree
- Previous experience in HR manager roles within a Distribution Center environment
- Bilingual skills - Spanish is a must
- Must possess excellent interpersonal communication and negotiation skills with a can-do attitude and desire to excel
- Strong organizational, analytical skills, and problem-solving ability
- Sense of urgency, resourcefulness, and ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment where collaboration is key
- Ability to represent the company as an employer of choice; to extend the brand in the marketplace and to share the culture and opportunity in everything you do
- Work effectively and efficiently in a fast paced, high stress environment, managing multiple projects with competing deadlines and priorities
What It’s Like to Work Here:
We are a purpose driven company aiming to empower the next generation to explore the wonder of childhood and reach their full potential. We live up to our purpose employing the following behaviors:
- We collaborate: Being a part of Mattel means being part of one team with shared values and common goals. Every person counts and working closely together always brings better results. Partnership is our process and our collective capabilities is our superpower.
- We innovate: At Mattel we always aim to find new and better ways to create innovative products and experiences. No matter where you work in the organization, you can always make a difference and have real impact. We welcome new ideas and value new initiatives that challenge conventional thinking.
- We execute: We are a performance driven company. We strive for excellence and are focused on pursuing best in class outcomes. We believe in accountability and ownership and know that our people are at their best when they are empowered to create and deliver results.
Who We Are:
Mattel is a leading global toy company and owner of one of the strongest catalogs of children’s and family entertainment franchises in the world. We create innovative products and experiences that inspire, entertain and develop children through play. We engage consumers through our portfolio of iconic brands, including Barbie, Hot Wheels, Fisher-Price, American Girl, Thomas & Friends, UNO and MEGA, as well as other popular intellectual properties that we own or license in partnership with global entertainment companies. Our offerings include film and television content, gaming, music and live events. We operate in 35 locations and our products are available in more than 150 countries in collaboration with the world’s leading retail and ecommerce companies. Since its founding in 1945, Mattel is proud to be a trusted partner in empowering children to explore the wonder of childhood and reach their full potential.
Visit us at https://jobs.mattel.com/ and www.instagram.com/MattelCareers.
Mattel is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer where we want you to bring your authentic self to work every day. We welcome all job seekers including minorities, females, veterans, individuals with disabilities, and those of all sexual orientations and gender identities.