We're looking for people who are up for the challenge of honoring a seventy-five year legacy by making their own mark in new frontiers. If being part of a remarkable transformation energizes you, you're in the right place. We need pioneers, inventors, designers and entrepreneurs of all kinds.
Manager, Content Distribution
Kowloon, Kowloon City
Please turn off any pop up blockers before clicking apply now
CREATIVITY IS OUR SUPERPOWER. It’s our heritage and it’s also our future. Because we don’t just make toys. We create innovative products and experiences that inspire, entertain and develop children through play. Mattel is at its best when every member of our team feels respected, included, and heard—when everyone can show up as themselves and do their best work every day. We value and share an infinite range of ideas and voices that evolve and broaden our perspectives with a reach that extends into all our brands, partners, and suppliers.
Mattel Asia Pacific is looking for a detailed-oriented, experienced in content distribution, motivated individual to join the regional Content Distribution team of Mattel Television, based in Hong Kong.
Reporting to Senior Director, Content Distribution and Business Development, the position is responsible for driving growth and brand across the Mattel portfolio by content distribution to all possible content platforms in various markets in APAC.
What Your Impact Will Be:
- Plan and achieve financial targets and forecast for business growth
- Monetizing content through licensing model and track profitability
- Set and execute key strategies aligning to global and regional priorities
- Grow business partnerships and develop new opportunities for window maximization and platform diversity
- Manage deals from pre-sales to sales fulfillments, and from rights management to deal execution and revenue booking
- Ensure rollout plan for each new content
- Work closely with various groups internally for sales administration support and franchise activation
- Generate reports and presentations whenever necessarily
What We're Looking For:
- University degree, preferably in business or communications
- 7+ years of solid experience in Content Distribution
- Commercial understanding of budget, forecast and legal terms and conditions
- A forward planner with strong organizational skills
- Entrepreneurial growth mindset
- A good team player
- Passion for children’s brands and the value of purposeful play
- Excellent communication skills with strong command of English. Local languages relevant to the region would be beneficial
Who We Are:
Mattel is a leading global children's entertainment company that specializes in design and production of quality toys and consumer products. We create innovative products and experiences that inspire, entertain and develop children through play. We engage consumers through our portfolio of iconic franchises, including Barbie®, Hot Wheels®, American Girl®, Fisher-Price®, Thomas & Friends® and MEGA®, as well as other popular brands that we own or license in partnership with global entertainment companies. Our offerings include film and television content, gaming, music and live events. We operate in 40 locations and sell products in more than 150 countries in collaboration with the world's leading retail and technology companies. Since its founding in 1945, Mattel is proud to be a trusted partner in exploring the wonder of childhood and empowering kids to reach their full potential.
Visit us at https://jobs.mattel.com/ and www.instagram.com/MattelCareers.