We're looking for people who are up for the challenge of honoring a seventy-year legacy by making their own mark in new frontiers. If being part of a remarkable transformation energizes you, you’re in the right place. We need pioneers, inventors, designers, and entrepreneurs of all kinds.
Please turn off any pop up blockers before clicking apply now
We are currently searching for a Groover Operator within the MEGA - Mattel AST Division. Reporting directly to the Supervisor at our Rose Moon facility located in Lewisburg, TN, the Groover Operator will be a part of our team that produces quality wood case pencils.
What Your Impact Will Be:
The Shaping department is where the raw pencil is first made. A variety of machines are used in the process.
The primary function of this job is to cut grooves into a wood slat so core may be placed into to make a slat “sandwich”
- Keeps hopper full of raw slats
- Visually monitors machine operation throughout the day
- Able to use calipers and gauges
- Able to make machine adjustments
- Able to use pallet jack
- Fills out daily labor card
- Keeps machine and area clean.
- Knows and follows safety policies.
- Other duties as required.
What We're Looking For:
- Always make SAFETY the number one priority
- May require handling wood products (primarily cedar or basswood), glue, core (graphite), cardboard, lubrication or cleaning products.
- Moderate to heavy lifting, bending, or reaching.
- Limited walking for job operation.
- Works in a work cell, teamwork a must;
- Cross train on other tasks as required.
- Eye protection worn.
- Hearing protection worn.
- Safety Box Cutter and Safety Gloves
What It’s Like to Work Here:
We are a purpose driven company aiming to empower the next generation to explore the wonder of childhood and reach their full potential. We live up to our purpose employing the following behaviors:
- We collaborate: Being a part of Mattel means being part of one team with shared values and common goals. Every person counts and working closely together always brings better results. Partnership is our process and our collective capabilities is our superpower.
- We innovate: At Mattel we always aim to find new and better ways to create innovative products and experiences. No matter where you work in the organization, you can always make a difference and have real impact. We welcome new ideas and value new initiatives that challenge conventional thinking.
- We execute: We are a performance driven company. We strive for excellence and are focused on pursuing best in class outcomes. We believe in accountability and ownership and know that our people are at their best when they are empowered to create and deliver results.
Who We Are:
Mattel is a leading global toy company and owner of one of the strongest catalogs of children’s and family entertainment franchises in the world. We create innovative products and experiences that inspire, entertain and develop children through play. We engage consumers through our portfolio of iconic brands, including Barbie, Hot Wheels, Fisher-Price, American Girl, Thomas & Friends, UNO and MEGA, as well as other popular intellectual properties that we own or license in partnership with global entertainment companies. Our offerings include film and television content, gaming, music and live events. We operate in 35 locations and our products are available in more than 150 countries in collaboration with the world’s leading retail and ecommerce companies. Since its founding in 1945, Mattel is proud to be a trusted partner in empowering children to explore the wonder of childhood and reach their full potential.
Visit us at https://jobs.mattel.com/ and www.instagram.com/MattelCareers.
Mattel is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer where we want you to bring your authentic self to work every day. We welcome all job seekers including minorities, females, veterans, individuals with disabilities, and those of all sexual orientations and gender identities.
You have not recently viewed any jobs.
You have no saved jobs.