Information Technology Jobs
We're looking for people who are up for the challenge of honoring a seventy-year legacy by making their own mark in new frontiers. If being part of a remarkable transformation energizes you, you’re in the right place. We need pioneers, inventors, designers, and entrepreneurs of all kinds.
Product Designer (UI / UX)
Los Angeles, California
Please turn off any pop up blockers before clicking apply now
Searching for a Mid-Level or Senior Designer. This design role is for the Mattel Connected Products Platform team. The MCPP team works with our product managers, toy designers, and engineers to create mobile apps, internal tools, and reusable tech capabilities that all the brands can use to get to market faster with connected play experiences. You will be reporting directly to MCPP’s design manager.
Design within the MCPP team is highly valued and is considered an equal partner in product development and strategy. Our team currently have designers based in SF and LA. We have an ego-free design culture of being highly collaborative in a safe design space. We are looking for someone who can fit well into our tight-knit design team, and can inspire each other, learn and grown as individuals and as a team.
We welcome all people. We celebrate diversity of all kinds and are committed to creating an inclusive culture built on a foundation of respect for all individuals. We seek to hire, develop and retain talented people from all backgrounds.
If you are not sure that you are 100% qualified, but up for the challenge – we want you to apply! We are looking for the best fit for our highly collaborative team.
- Lead a project from inception through execution, including flows, sketches, wireframes, prototypes, specs hand off to developers, and design QA
- Collaborate closely with designers, product, engineering, and key stakeholders throughout the project life cycle
- Conduct user research to inform your design in an iterative process
- Help maintain and continuously improve design style guides and UX/UI documentation
Experience, Education & Skills:
- 3+ years experience designing for digital products in the consumer technology industry
- Experience and in-depth knowledge with native mobile applications (iOS & Android) and responsive web
- Strong communications skills to be able to effectively lead and manage your projects through the product development cycle (especially working with stakeholders)
- Experience conducting user research to develop a deep understanding of our users to iterate your designs
- Expert knowledge with the latest design tools, such as Sketch, Zeplin, Principle, and Invision.
- An eye for clean and purposeful design
- A humble attitude and have a positive and collaborative approach to working with others
- A passion for designing with empathy for your users
- A thirst to learn and grown
Nice to have:
- loT products
- Kids/toys industry
- Data Visualization design
- Motion design and illustrations
- Jira and creating design requirements
Mattel is a leading global children's entertainment company that specializes in design and production of quality toys and consumer products. We create innovative products and experiences that inspire, entertain and develop children through play. We engage consumers through our portfolio of iconic franchises, including Barbie®, Hot Wheels®, American Girl®, Fisher-Price®, Thomas & Friends® and MEGA®, as well as other popular brands that we own or license in partnership with global entertainment companies. Our offerings include film and television content, gaming, music and live events. We operate in 40 locations and sell products in more than 150 countries in collaboration with the world's leading retail and technology companies. Since its founding in 1945, Mattel is proud to be a trusted partner in exploring the wonder of childhood and empowering kids to reach their full potential.
Visit us at https://jobs.mattel.com/ and www.instagram.com/MattelCareers.
Mattel is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer
(minorities/female/veterans/individuals with disabilities/sexual orientation/gender identity)
You have not recently viewed any jobs.
You have no saved jobs.