We're looking for people who are up for the challenge of honoring a seventy-five year legacy by making their own mark in new frontiers. If being part of a remarkable transformation energizes you, you're in the right place. We need pioneers, inventors, designers and entrepreneurs of all kinds.
American Girl Bistro Server- Part Time
Please turn off any pop up blockers before clicking apply now
CREATIVITY IS OUR SUPERPOWER. It’s our heritage and it’s also our future. Because we don’t just make toys. We create innovative products and experiences that inspire, entertain and develop children through play. Mattel is at its best when every member of our team feels respected, included, and heard—when everyone can show up as themselves and do their best work every day. We value and share an infinite range of ideas and voices that evolve and broaden our perspectives with a reach that extends into all our brands, partners, and suppliers.
The Team: The Part-Time Server position is part of the American Girl Washington, DC retail store's Bistro team.
The Opportunity: TheAmerican Girl Washington, DC retail store and bistro (McLean, VA) is looking for dynamic individuals as Part-Time Servers to deliver food and beverages and provide an outstanding dining experience to our Bistro guests. If you thrive in a high-pressure, fast-paced environment while remaining positive and upbeat, have exceptional communication skills, and can handle customer issues and requests graciously and on a timely basis, we want to hear from you.
What Your Impact Will Be:
• Attentively greet all customers upon arrival and inform guests of food and beverage options. Share information on store and restaurant events with guests.
• Demonstrate working knowledge of all menu items and ingredients and suggest menu items for those guests with food allergies.
• Consistently address customer concerns and special requests in a professional and timely manner.
• Execute all aspects of food and beverage service efficiently, including suggestive upselling, timely delivery of food and beverage orders, checking and maintaining tables throughout the seating, and preparing, delivering and processing table checks through the Infogenesis register system.
• Follow food and workplace safety guidelines and understand local and state health sanitation laws.
• Contribute to a positive, cooperative work environment by assisting co-workers and helping the restaurant team with parties, storewide events, and projects.
What We’re Looking For:
• ServSafe certification, preferred.
• One to two years of experience in a high volume and/or fine dining restaurant, preferred.
• Banquet or catering experience is a plus.
• Experience working with children, preferred.
• Ease of use with restaurant computer systems, preferred.
• Physically demanding position; strength, mobility and dexterity needed. You must be able to carry a serving tray/beverage tray and be able to lift up to 50 lbs.
• Must be able to work a flexible schedule, including nights, weekends and holidays.
Mattel is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer
What It’s Like to Work Here:
American Girl is subsidiary of Mattel, a purpose driven company aiming to empower the next generation to explore the wonder of childhood and reach their full potential. We live up to our purpose employing the following behaviors:
- We collaborate: Being a part of Mattel means being part of one team with shared values and common goals. Every person counts and working closely together always brings better results. Partnership is our process and our collective capabilities is our superpower.
- We innovate: At Mattel we always aim to find new and better ways to create innovative products and experiences. No matter where you work in the organization, you can always make a difference and have real impact. We welcome new ideas and value new initiatives that challenge conventional thinking.
- We execute: We are a performance driven company. We strive for excellence and are focused on pursuing best in class outcomes. We believe in accountability and ownership and know that our people are at their best when they are empowered to create and deliver results.
Who We Are:
American Girl is a premium brand for girls and a wholly-owned subsidiary of Mattel, Inc. (NASDAQ:MAT, www.mattel.com), a leading global toy company and owner of one of the strongest catalogs of children’s and family entertainment franchises in the world. We create innovative products and experiences that inspire, entertain and develop children through play. We engage consumers through our portfolio of iconic brands, including Barbie, Hot Wheels, Fisher-Price, American Girl, Thomas & Friends, UNO and MEGA, as well as other popular intellectual properties that we own or license in partnership with global entertainment companies. Our offerings include film and television content, gaming, music and live events. We operate in 35 locations and our products are available in more than 150 countries in collaboration with the world’s leading retail and ecommerce companies. Since its founding in 1945, Mattel is proud to be a trusted partner in empowering children to explore the wonder of childhood and reach their full potential.
Visit us at https://jobs.mattel.com/ and www.instagram.com/MattelCareers.
Mattel is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer where we want you to bring your authentic self to work every day. We welcome all job seekers including minorities, females, veterans, individuals with disabilities, and those of all sexual orientations and gender identities.