Retail and Merchandising Jobs
We're looking for people who are up for the challenge of honoring a seventy-year legacy by making their own mark in new frontiers. If being part of a remarkable transformation energizes you, you’re in the right place. We need pioneers, inventors, designers, and entrepreneurs of all kinds.
Please turn off any pop up blockers before clicking apply now
American Girl Washington-DC (McLean) is looking for a dynamic individual as Sales Department Clerk who has the interpersonal skills to provide prompt, efficient and exceptional sales assistance within our customer-oriented environment.
• Approach, acknowledge and assist customers promptly; handle multiple customers effectively.
• Assess and meet customer merchandise and service needs by sharing product knowledge, answering questions and directing customers to merchandise, suggestive upselling, and awareness of product availability.
• Share information on store events, promotions and activities with customers.
• Promptly and accurately process all point-of-sale transactions.
• Help resolve customer problems and make suggestions/share product knowledge to turn returns into exchanges.
• Communicate merchandise and service needs to management on timely basis.
• Provide assistance to accomplish team and company goals.
• High school degree or equivalent, preferred.
• Sales experience in the specialty retail or service industry, preferred.
• Must possess basic computer skills; some experience using a POS System, preferable.
• Experience working with children, preferred.
• Must be willing to work a flexible retail schedule, including days, nights and weekends.
What It’s Like to Work Here:
American Girl, a subsidiary of Mattel, is passionate about our employee experience, which is built on community, opportunity and purpose. Our employees are at their best when they’re recognized, rewarded, and empowered to drive their own journey – that’s why we offer paid time off including paid holidays for full-time employees and a competitive compensation and benefits package including matching 401k plans. Employees often say the best part of working with us is the people, and we build our community through activities that allow you to bring the “whole you” to work. We’re a family-friendly, inclusive, purpose-driven company that provides ample time and unique opportunities to give back to the communities in which we work and play.
Who We Are:
American Girl is a premium brand for girls and a wholly-owned subsidiary of Mattel, Inc. (NASDAQ:MAT, www.mattel.com), a leading global children's entertainment company that specializes in the design and production of quality toys and consumer products. Headquartered in Middleton, WI, American Girl offers an inspiring world of dolls, content, and experiences that nourish a girl’s spirit and help develop her strength of character. Best-selling lines include Truly Me™, Girl of the Year™, Bitty Baby™, WellieWishers™, and American Girl’s classic historical characters. The company sells products through its award-winning catalogue, on americangirl.com, in its proprietary U.S. experiential retail stores, as well as at specialty retailers nationwide. By inspiring girls to be their best, American Girl has earned the loyalty of millions and the praise and trust of parents and educators.
Mattel creates innovative products and experiences that inspire, entertain and develop children through play. We engage consumers through our portfolio of iconic franchises, including Barbie®, Hot Wheels®, American Girl®, Fisher-Price®, Thomas & Friends® and MEGA®, as well as other popular brands that we own or license in partnership with global entertainment companies. Our offerings include film and television content, gaming, music and live events. We operate in 40 locations and sell products in more than 150 countries in collaboration with the world's leading retail and technology companies. Since its founding in 1945, Mattel is proud to be a trusted partner in exploring the wonder of childhood and empowering kids to reach their full potential..
Visit us at https://jobs.mattel.com/ and www.instagram.com/MattelCareers.
Mattel is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer where we want you to bring your authentic self to work every day. We welcome all job seekers including minorities, females, veterans, individuals with disabilities, and those of all sexual orientations and gender identities.
You have not recently viewed any jobs.
You have no saved jobs.