We're looking for people who are up for the challenge of honoring a seventy-year legacy by making their own mark in new frontiers. If being part of a remarkable transformation energizes you, you’re in the right place. We need pioneers, inventors, designers, and entrepreneurs of all kinds.
Part-Time Cook (30-hr., benefit-eligible position)
Please turn off any pop up blockers before clicking apply now
The American Girl Miami retail store and bistro is looking for a dynamic individual as a Part-Time Cook (30-hr., benefit-eligible position), who can deliver an exceptional dining experience for the store’s restaurant and party guests by producing and delivering high-quality food and beverages. If you thrive in a high-pressure, fast-paced environment while remaining positive and upbeat and can handle customer issues and requests graciously and on a timely basis, we want to hear from you.
* Prep and prepare recipes consistently, efficiently, and in proper quantities to support business levels.
* Ensure line station set-up standards and recipe guidelines are followed; knowledge of all stations to act as back-up.
* Perform opening, closing, and side duties established by the restaurant/kitchen supervisors.
* Ensure proper food safety and workplace safety procedures are followed.
* Maintain cleanliness and sanitation of all areas including the removal of garbage, sweeping and wet mopping, washing counter tops and equipment on a daily basis.
* Work collaboratively with the team to build a positive work environment.
* High School diploma or equivalent and a certification for an accredited or recognized culinary school, college, or comparable institution, preferred.
* Certified in local food preparation safety and sanitation standards.
* May be required to perform diverse physical tasks, including constant standing and walking, heavy lifting (30-50 lbs), etc.
* Must be able to work a flexible schedule, including nights, weekends and holidays.
What It’s Like to Work Here:
Mattel is passionate about our employee experience, which is built on community, opportunity and purpose. Our employees are at their best when they’re recognized, rewarded, and empowered to drive their own Mattel journey – that’s why we offer flexible work schedules, unlimited paid time off for exempt employees, a generous holiday schedule, and a competitive compensation and benefits package. Depending on location, we also provide on-site resources like childcare and a fitness center to help seamlessly integrate work and life. There are endless opportunities to grow here, with a strong focus on career development, open access to senior leadership, and on-site and online training. Employees often say the best part of working at Mattel is the people, and we build our community through employee resource groups, clubs, leagues and activities that allow you to bring the “whole you” to work. We’re a family-friendly, inclusive, purpose-driven company that provides ample time and unique opportunities to give back to the communities in which we work and play. Our employees embody our WONDER values and are ready to put them into action every day.
Who We Are:
Mattel is a leading global children's entertainment company that specializes in design and production of quality toys and consumer products. We create innovative products and experiences that inspire, entertain and develop children through play. We engage consumers through our portfolio of iconic franchises, including Barbie®, Hot Wheels®, American Girl®, Fisher-Price®, Thomas & Friends® and MEGA®, as well as other popular brands that we own or license in partnership with global entertainment companies. Our offerings include film and television content, gaming, music and live events. We operate in 40 locations and sell products in more than 150 countries in collaboration with the world's leading retail and technology companies. Since its founding in 1945, Mattel is proud to be a trusted partner in exploring the wonder of childhood and empowering kids to reach their full potential.
Visit us at https://jobs.mattel.com/ and www.instagram.com/MattelCareers.
Mattel is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer
(minorities/female/veterans/individuals with disabilities/sexual orientation/gender identity)
You have not recently viewed any jobs.
You have no saved jobs.