We're looking for people who are up for the challenge of honoring a seventy-five year legacy by making their own mark in new frontiers. If being part of a remarkable transformation energizes you, you're in the right place. We need pioneers, inventors, designers and entrepreneurs of all kinds.
Hair & Make-Up Artist
Please turn off any pop up blockers before clicking apply now
CREATIVITY IS OUR SUPERPOWER. It’s our heritage and it’s also our future. Because we don’t just make toys. We create innovative products and experiences that inspire, entertain and develop children through play. Mattel is at its best when every member of our team feels respected, included, and heard—when everyone can show up as themselves and do their best work every day. We value and share an infinite range of ideas and voices that evolve and broaden our perspectives with a reach that extends into all our brands, partners, and suppliers.
The Team: Hair & Make-Up Artist will be part of Creative Studio department.
The Opportunity: American Girl is looking for an on-call Hair and Makeup Artist.
What Your Impact Will Be:
* Communicate with clients to understand their needs and wants
* Provide necessary supplies and equipment needed, including salon-grade cleaning solutions and tools
* Apply makeup in a professional manner
* Adhere to personal hygiene standards
* Stay up to date with the latest best practices, tools and technology in your field
* Excellent knowledge of makeup products, techniques and technologies
* Great communication and interpersonal skills
* Creative mindset and artistic personality
* Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
* Good time management skills
* Manual dexterity and attention to detail
* Positive attitude
* Ensures that AG brand is stylistically executed in all mediums.
* Work with Art Director and Product Designer to insure on brand presentation and styling
* Understand hairstyles for models so we have success on set.
* Interpret style guides and creative decks for the AG brand.
* Troubleshoot unexpected situations arising from the shoot and come with solutions.
* Responsible for maintaining HMU areas.
* Other business-related duties as assigned
What We’re Looking For:
* 3-5 years’ experience
* HMU experience required
* Must have experience with all ethinc hair including: Caucasain, Asian, Latin, African American hair.
* Must be extremely organized, punctual and attentive.
* Must work well with children and adult models.
* Proven communication, organizational and time management skills necessary
* Ability to work in an ever-changing atmosphere, under pressure while keeping a professional composure
* Ability to coordinate makeup, hairstyles and accessories along with ensuring proper fit on models
* Ability to sit, stand, walk, bend for extended periods of time
* Ability to differentiate between colors and textures
* Ability to lift, push, or pull up to 40lbs
What It’s Like to Work Here:
American Girl is subsidiary of Mattel, a purpose driven company aiming to empower the next generation to explore the wonder of childhood and reach their full potential. We live up to our purpose employing the following behaviors:
- We collaborate: Being a part of Mattel means being part of one team with shared values and common goals. Every person counts and working closely together always brings better results. Partnership is our process and our collective capabilities is our superpower.
- We innovate: At Mattel we always aim to find new and better ways to create innovative products and experiences. No matter where you work in the organization, you can always make a difference and have real impact. We welcome new ideas and value new initiatives that challenge conventional thinking.
- We execute: We are a performance driven company. We strive for excellence and are focused on pursuing best in class outcomes. We believe in accountability and ownership and know that our people are at their best when they are empowered to create and deliver results.
Who We Are:
American Girl is a premium brand for girls and a wholly-owned subsidiary of Mattel, Inc. (NASDAQ:MAT, www.mattel.com), a leading global toy company and owner of one of the strongest catalogs of children’s and family entertainment franchises in the world. We create innovative products and experiences that inspire, entertain and develop children through play. We engage consumers through our portfolio of iconic brands, including Barbie, Hot Wheels, Fisher-Price, American Girl, Thomas & Friends, UNO and MEGA, as well as other popular intellectual properties that we own or license in partnership with global entertainment companies. Our offerings include film and television content, gaming, music and live events. We operate in 35 locations and our products are available in more than 150 countries in collaboration with the world’s leading retail and ecommerce companies. Since its founding in 1945, Mattel is proud to be a trusted partner in empowering children to explore the wonder of childhood and reach their full potential.
Visit us at https://jobs.mattel.com/ and www.instagram.com/MattelCareers.
Mattel is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer where we want you to bring your authentic self to work every day. We welcome all job seekers including minorities, females, veterans, individuals with disabilities, and those of all sexual orientations and gender identities.