We're looking for people who are up for the challenge of honoring a seventy-five year legacy by making their own mark in new frontiers. If being part of a remarkable transformation energizes you, you're in the right place. We need pioneers, inventors, designers and entrepreneurs of all kinds.
Remote Retail Service Support Associate (MUST live in WI and IL)
Please turn off any pop up blockers before clicking apply now
CREATIVITY IS OUR SUPERPOWER. It’s our heritage and it’s also our future. Because we don’t just make toys. We create innovative products and experiences that inspire, entertain and develop children through play. Mattel is at its best when every member of our team feels respected, included, and heard—when everyone can show up as themselves and do their best work every day. We value and share an infinite range of ideas and voices that evolve and broaden our perspectives with a reach that extends into all our brands, partners, and suppliers.
The Team: The Remote Retail Service Support Associate will be part of American Girl Customer Services team.
The Opportunity: American Girl is looking for dynamic individuals for the Remote Retail Service Support Associate position to support retail service functions in our Contact Center. Retail Service Support Associate provides a high-quality customer experience that exemplifies the guiding truths of our Company service philosophy, supporting our premium brand. They offer professional, efficient, friendly, and knowledgeable assistance to retail customers via phone or email. Resolve issues relating to retail experiences, products and services, striving for one-call resolution.
• Must live in the state of Wisconsin or Illinois and be able to attend a mandatory 10-day training
• Creates a customer interaction that is relevant, respectful, trustworthy, and meaningful.
• A quiet, temperature-controlled, closed-door work area with no distractions or background noise (ie: pets, children, machinery, music or talking). There may be periodic unplanned visits from a Supervisor during scheduled work shifts.
• Dedicated high-speed internet provided by a cable or DSL provider, located within the work area. A rough estimate of suitable connectivity for performing your duties as a home agent will be a Download Speed of not less than 7 Mb/s and an upload speed of not less than 2Mb/s. The expense associated with internet access is covered by you and may not be fully reimbursed by American Girl. Wi-Fi, cellular or satellite service does not meet requirements.
• Minor office supplies, (scratch paper, pens, calendar)
• Freedom from other responsibilities - you must be focused on work and not responsible for the caretaking of others (children, elderly, pets, etc.)
What Your Impact Will Be:
• Manages customer interactions utilizing and applying multiple systems, resources, and tools to research packages and options for customers attending various retail locations or purchasing American Girl product.
• Deliver a personalized service experience that addresses the customer’s personal and practical needs.
• Processes customer orders accurately and efficiently in transactional systems while protecting proprietary information and private customer information, such as payment methods.
• Effectively communicates in both written and verbal format with store employees and customers.
What We’re Looking For:
• Customer service experience preferred
• Must be willing to work a flexible schedule.
• Strong communication skills-verbal and written
• Experience with web functionality (using browser functions, URL links, refreshing a screen, etc.)
• Basic math skills (addition, subtraction, division, multiplication)
• Able to learn and demonstrate competence on multiple systems, including a transactional computer system
• Accurate data entry skills and attention to detail
• Effective problem-solving and decision-making skills using the established guidelines for processes and procedures
• Able to remain calm and composed when dealing with internal and external customer expectations
• Resilient in dealing with fluctuating workloads, call volume, and work assignments
Mattel is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer
What It’s Like to Work Here:
American Girl is subsidiary of Mattel, a purpose driven company aiming to empower the next generation to explore the wonder of childhood and reach their full potential. We live up to our purpose employing the following behaviors:
- We collaborate: Being a part of Mattel means being part of one team with shared values and common goals. Every person counts and working closely together always brings better results. Partnership is our process and our collective capabilities is our superpower.
- We innovate: At Mattel we always aim to find new and better ways to create innovative products and experiences. No matter where you work in the organization, you can always make a difference and have real impact. We welcome new ideas and value new initiatives that challenge conventional thinking.
- We execute: We are a performance driven company. We strive for excellence and are focused on pursuing best in class outcomes. We believe in accountability and ownership and know that our people are at their best when they are empowered to create and deliver results.
Who We Are:
American Girl is a premium brand for girls and a wholly-owned subsidiary of Mattel, Inc. (NASDAQ:MAT, www.mattel.com), a leading global toy company and owner of one of the strongest catalogs of children’s and family entertainment franchises in the world. We create innovative products and experiences that inspire, entertain and develop children through play. We engage consumers through our portfolio of iconic brands, including Barbie, Hot Wheels, Fisher-Price, American Girl, Thomas & Friends, UNO and MEGA, as well as other popular intellectual properties that we own or license in partnership with global entertainment companies. Our offerings include film and television content, gaming, music and live events. We operate in 35 locations and our products are available in more than 150 countries in collaboration with the world’s leading retail and ecommerce companies. Since its founding in 1945, Mattel is proud to be a trusted partner in empowering children to explore the wonder of childhood and reach their full potential.
Visit us at https://jobs.mattel.com/ and www.instagram.com/MattelCareers.
Mattel is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer where we want you to bring your authentic self to work every day. We welcome all job seekers including minorities, females, veterans, individuals with disabilities, and those of all sexual orientations and gender identities.