We're looking for people who are up for the challenge of honoring a seventy-year legacy by making their own mark in new frontiers. If being part of a remarkable transformation energizes you, you’re in the right place. We need pioneers, inventors, designers, and entrepreneurs of all kinds.
(Brand Manager) Assoc Manager Marketing
Please turn off any pop up blockers before clicking apply now
The Associate Manager, Marketing is responsible for developing strategic and commercially viable marketing programs and retail executions by collaborating closely with sales, trade marketing and key external partners.
- Drive consumer demand at retail and throughout the organization by developing targeted marketing strategies and tactics that will ensure the achievement of corporate sales and profit goals.
- Develop an annual marketing plan that will include:
- Business review, market analysis
- Recommendations of business objectives both qualitative/quantitative
- Specific strategies & tactics to accomplish the objectives covering all aspects of the marketing mix
- Action plans to implement brand strategies
- Direct and manage the execution of all facets of marketing, including product selection, pricing, promotion, consumer advertising, public relations and merchandising ensuring budget targets are met.
- Drive brand growth (sales and profitability) through targeted product selection (forecasts and inventory), supported by detailed analysis of business elements such as: pricing, customer base and competition.
- Manage brand P&L and monitor spending to ensure expenditures are within budget and profit objectives are accomplished
- Develop sales estimates or quotas on a timely basis to assist in planning and manufacturing of product
- Understand trade needs and retailing operations to aid in driving the business team to meet their objectives. This will include consultation on special sales programs and competitive needs.
- Monitor effectiveness of sales and marketing programs in achieving objectives
- Interface with sales team on product issues
- Develop and maintain effective relationships with licensors and their local market agents
- Ensure contract deal points are being met
- Develop forecasts and marketing spends to meet contract obligations
- Communicate with licensors and US contacts regularly
- Interface with functional departments of the company to ensure brand objectives are met:
- Sales, Finance, licensing
- Planning, Quality Control, Customer Service
- Advertising, Promotion and Public Relations agencies and Merchandising Team
- U.S. counterparts/Marketing departments etc.
- Facilitate innovative issue resolution at the Associate Manager level. This should include ensuring the support and cooperation of other company departments in Canada and the U.S., as well as external suppliers and advertising agencies, etc.
Preferred Education and Experience
- Bachelor Degree in Business or Marketing, MBA and asset
- 3 - 5 years of brand marketing experience
- Strategic thinker
- Excellent organizational & analytical skills
- Excels in a team environment
- Strong web and PC skills including Excel, Word and Power Point
- Excellent interpersonal & communication skills, both oral and written
- Demonstrated experience in digital, eCommerce, mobile, or retail preferred
The requirements of this position may change from time to time in accordance with the changing conditions of the business. Therefore, Mattel requires the incumbent to be flexible and to assume any corresponding changes in responsibilities.
Mattel welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
Mattel is a leading global children's entertainment company that specializes in design and production of quality toys and consumer products. We create innovative products and experiences that inspire, entertain and develop children through play. We engage consumers through our portfolio of iconic franchises, including Barbie®, Hot Wheels®, American Girl®, Fisher-Price®, Thomas & Friends® and MEGA®, as well as other popular brands that we own or license in partnership with global entertainment companies. Our offerings include film and television content, gaming, music and live events. We operate in 40 locations and sell products in more than 150 countries in collaboration with the world's leading retail and technology companies. Since its founding in 1945, Mattel is proud to be a trusted partner in exploring the wonder of childhood and empowering kids to reach their full potential.
Visit us at https://jobs.mattel.com/ and www.instagram.com/MattelCareers.
Mattel is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer
minorities/female/veterans/individuals with disabilities/sexual orientation/gender identity
You have not recently viewed any jobs.
You have no saved jobs.