We're looking for people who are up for the challenge of honoring a seventy-five year legacy by making their own mark in new frontiers. If being part of a remarkable transformation energizes you, you're in the right place. We need pioneers, inventors, designers and entrepreneurs of all kinds.
Virtualization Solutions Architect
Please turn off any pop up blockers before clicking apply now
CREATIVITY IS OUR SUPERPOWER. It’s our heritage and it’s also our future. Because we don’t just make toys. We create innovative products and experiences that inspire, entertain and develop children through play. Mattel is at its best when every member of our team feels respected, included, and heard—when everyone can show up as themselves and do their best work every day. We value and share an infinite range of ideas and voices that evolve and broaden our perspectives with a reach that extends into all our brands, partners, and suppliers.
Employer: Mattel Canada Inc.
Position: Virtualization Solutions Architect
Terms of Employment: Full-time / Permanent
Location: Mississauga, Ontario
Employment Address: 6155 Freemont Blvd, Mississauga, Ontario, L5R 3W2
Hours of Work: 37 hours/week
Benefits: Eligible for discretionary bonuses and/or salary increases in accordance with company policy. Eligible for pension, dental, disability and extended medical insurance.
Salary: $140,000 CAD / year
The Virtualization Solutions Architect will oversee the architecture, design and implementation of all compute virtualization environments supporting Mattel’s mission critical systems including on-premises and cloud-based technologies. As a member of the Infrastructure Design team, the architect will set the standards for these environments and will be responsible for ensuring our operational teams are able to adhere to these standards. The architect will be expected to work with other architects to deliver multi-platform design solutions to projects of varying sizes and complexities on time and on budget. This position is a combination of a hands on and design and engineering roles and reports directly to the Director of Infrastructure Systems Engineering.
What Your Impact Will Be:
· Working as a Subject Matter Expert (SME) for VMware 6.x and 7.x including environments with NSX and VSAN., AWS, GCP and Azure Infrastructure and General solutions architect
· Working as an SME on Cloud Compute workloads including architecture and operations of Google Compute, Azure and AWS
· Defining the overall architecture of virtualized environments in conjunction with the Infrastructure Architecture team
· Defining and maintaining architectural, process and policy standards for all aspects of the virtualized compute environments
· Analyzing the current architecture to identify deficiencies and developing opportunities for improvements
· Analyzing business requirements and developing multi-platform design solutions based on given business requirements
· Developing internal and outsourced team members to effectively deliver and support the environment
· Providing level 3 / level 4 support to the Operations team
· Generating initiatives to improve the environment for achieving cost reductions, efficiently using existing resources, and improving resiliency
· Identifying opportunities for improvement and leading the implementation of changes
· Performing quantitative analysis and modelling of environments to provide insights to better support the business and develop virtualization initiatives
· Planning, designing, operating and enabling cloud and hybrid environments including GCP, Azure and AWS platforms
· Developing facility requirements for private cloud environments including defining power, cooling and connectivity needs
What We’re Looking For:
· Bachelor’s degree in Information Systems, Electronics, Computer Science, or related field
· 10+ years of experience with increasing responsibility in technology consulting and business requirements
· Previous experience acting as a trusted technology advisor for upper management including providing input on commercial, legal and technical merits of proposed solutions.
· Previous experience taking business requirements and developing technical solutions – particularly within virtualization
· Experience performing quantitative analysis and modelling
· Experience in the planning, design, operation and enablement of virtualization and hyper-converged solutions as well as software defined data centers
· Experience with the planning, design, operation and enablement of cloud and hybrid environments including Google Cloud Platform (GCP), Azure and Amazon Web Services (AWS)
· Knowledge and experience with automation technologies such as Puppet, Chef or Ansible as well as cloud management / deployment tools such as Terraform
· Familiarity with IBM iSeries and/or AS400 systems and capabilities (LPARs, etc.)
· Familiarity with enterprise class storage such as provided by EMC
· Ability to work in a high activity/fast paced environment and the ability to handle ambiguity, tackling many tasks and shifting quickly from one situation / task to another
· Ability to effectively communicate (verbal and written correspondence) in a professional and courteous manner with technical and non-technical personnel
· Experience running large scale transformation programs as both a technical and program management lead
· Experience with risk management and planning for projects, including working with and managing expectations and results obtained from Managed Service Providers.
What It’s Like to Work Here:
We are a purpose driven company aiming to empower the next generation to explore the wonder of childhood and reach their full potential. We live up to our purpose employing the following behaviors:
- We collaborate: Being a part of Mattel means being part of one team with shared values and common goals. Every person counts and working closely together always brings better results. Partnership is our process and our collective capabilities is our superpower.
- We innovate: At Mattel we always aim to find new and better ways to create innovative products and experiences. No matter where you work in the organization, you can always make a difference and have real impact. We welcome new ideas and value new initiatives that challenge conventional thinking.
- We execute: We are a performance driven company. We strive for excellence and are focused on pursuing best in class outcomes. We believe in accountability and ownership and know that our people are at their best when they are empowered to create and deliver results.
Who We Are:
Mattel is a leading global toy company and owner of one of the strongest catalogs of children’s and family entertainment franchises in the world. We create innovative products and experiences that inspire, entertain and develop children through play. We engage consumers through our portfolio of iconic brands, including Barbie, Hot Wheels, Fisher-Price, American Girl, Thomas & Friends, UNO and MEGA, as well as other popular intellectual properties that we own or license in partnership with global entertainment companies. Our offerings include film and television content, gaming, music and live events. We operate in 35 locations and our products are available in more than 150 countries in collaboration with the world’s leading retail and ecommerce companies. Since its founding in 1945, Mattel is proud to be a trusted partner in empowering children to explore the wonder of childhood and reach their full potential.
Visit us at https://jobs.mattel.com/ and www.instagram.com/MattelCareers.
Mattel is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer where we want you to bring your authentic self to work every day. We welcome all job seekers including minorities, females, veterans, individuals with disabilities, and those of all sexual orientations and gender identities.