We're looking for people who are up for the challenge of honoring a seventy-five year legacy by making their own mark in new frontiers. If being part of a remarkable transformation energizes you, you're in the right place. We need pioneers, inventors, designers and entrepreneurs of all kinds.
Assoc Product Designer
Please turn off any pop up blockers before clicking apply now
CREATIVITY IS OUR SUPERPOWER. It’s our heritage and it’s also our future. Because we don’t just make toys. We create innovative products and experiences that inspire, entertain and develop children through play. Mattel is at its best when every member of our team feels respected, included, and heard—when everyone can show up as themselves and do their best work every day. We value and share an infinite range of ideas and voices that evolve and broaden our perspectives with a reach that extends into all our brands, partners, and suppliers.
MEGA’s mission is to nurture creativity in every child in every family. We are currently seeking a dynamic and passionate Associate Designer. The ideal candidate will bring to their Team a high level of creativity and knowledge that will help us stand out in the area of construction toys. The selected candidate will be highly dedicated and committed to obtaining impeccable results in a competitive and fast-paced environment.
The Associate Designer will be responsible for the design and creation of new construction toy models. He/she will participate to all the steps of the project, from design to production.
What Your Impact Will Be:
- Ideation of new collector construction toy concepts;
- Perform the activities pertaining to product ideation; sketches, high detail builds, color & decorations, etc.;
- Develop a high level of understanding of the properties under license;
- Create 3D study models (mock-ups and prototypes);
- Create the product presentation images;
- Carry out the cost and feasibility analysis for the products;
- Development of new system 3D parts, ready for production by injection molding;
- Plan & generate the renders for the instruction booklets;
- Work in partnership with Project Managers, Marketing Managers, Graphic Designers and other partners;
- Present and communicate the different concepts during formal presentations.
What We’re Looking For:
- Minimum 1 year of experience in industrial design
- Passion for design and interest for construction toys;
- Talent for hand sketching & model making;
- Ability to present projects;
- Initiative & ability to work well in a team;
- Creativity and resourcefulness in finding solutions;
- Possess strong attention to detail and for aesthetics;
- Have the desire to improve, learn and grow;
- Capacity to work within schedules & inside product budgets;
- Knowledge of 3D-2D software, (SolidWorks, C4D, Adobe Suite…);
- Knowledge of thermoplastics is an asset;
- Interest & knowledge of ‘’geek culture’’, video games, figurine collections, movies;
- Bilingual (French & English).
Send your C.V. and a sample of your portfolio!
What It’s Like to Work Here:
We are a purpose driven company aiming to empower the next generation to explore the wonder of childhood and reach their full potential. We live up to our purpose employing the following behaviors:
- We collaborate: Being a part of Mattel means being part of one team with shared values and common goals. Every person counts and working closely together always brings better results. Partnership is our process and our collective capabilities is our superpower.
- We innovate: At Mattel we always aim to find new and better ways to create innovative products and experiences. No matter where you work in the organization, you can always make a difference and have real impact. We welcome new ideas and value new initiatives that challenge conventional thinking.
- We execute: We are a performance driven company. We strive for excellence and are focused on pursuing best in class outcomes. We believe in accountability and ownership and know that our people are at their best when they are empowered to create and deliver results.
Who We Are:
Mattel is a leading global toy company and owner of one of the strongest catalogs of children’s and family entertainment franchises in the world. We create innovative products and experiences that inspire, entertain and develop children through play. We engage consumers through our portfolio of iconic brands, including Barbie, Hot Wheels, Fisher-Price, American Girl, Thomas & Friends, UNO and MEGA, as well as other popular intellectual properties that we own or license in partnership with global entertainment companies. Our offerings include film and television content, gaming, music and live events. We operate in 35 locations and our products are available in more than 150 countries in collaboration with the world’s leading retail and ecommerce companies. Since its founding in 1945, Mattel is proud to be a trusted partner in empowering children to explore the wonder of childhood and reach their full potential.
Mattel is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer where we want you to bring your authentic self to work every day. We welcome all job seekers including minorities, females, veterans, individuals with disabilities, and those of all sexual orientations and gender identities.