We're looking for people who are up for the challenge of honoring a seventy-five year legacy by making their own mark in new frontiers. If being part of a remarkable transformation energizes you, you're in the right place. We need pioneers, inventors, designers and entrepreneurs of all kinds.
Associate Designer, Creative Shop
Please turn off any pop up blockers before clicking apply now
CREATIVITY IS OUR SUPERPOWER. It’s our heritage and it’s also our future. Because we don’t just make toys. We create innovative products and experiences that inspire, entertain and develop children through play. Mattel is at its best when every member of our team feels respected, included, and heard—when everyone can show up as themselves and do their best work every day. We value and share an infinite range of ideas and voices that evolve and broaden our perspectives with a reach that extends into all our brands, partners, and suppliers.
We are currently looking for an Associate Designer who will be called upon to do creative design in addition to the technical development of the various projects of the Creative Shop within the Marketing Communications department of the company. The main objective of the Creative Shop is to support the company's marketing initiatives.
The Creative Shop is responsible for the production of all aspects relating to a presence at a show. This includes structures, booth furniture, set pieces like slideshows and giant sculptures made out of bricks.
The Associate Designer will initiate the design of projects by drawing inspiration from our products and our brands in order to optimize our presence at events.
What Your Impact Will Be:
- Propose innovative designs and bring original ideas;
- Develop consumer-facing experiences to inspire our fans through activations and an overall creative vision for shows and events (Comic-Con, Global Toy Fairs);
- Work with the product development team as well as the brand management team for the development of concepts;
- Develop projects by applying critical thinking into the design process, in addition to creating alternative designs to achieve cost and aesthetics goals;
- Generate technical documents for production;
- Be present at events, supervise operations and ensure the smooth running of the event;
- Acts independently to meet critical deadlines.
What We’re Looking For:
- Bachelor’s (or college) degree in related field;
- 3-5 years’ experience in the field;
- Advanced design, sketching, illustration, and 3D modelling skills;
- Understanding of building block principles and practices;
- Excellent knowledge of construction and fabrication materials;
- General understanding of organizational structure and business objectives;
- Autonomy, time management and team work;
- Bilingual (French and English).
What It’s Like to Work Here:
We are a purpose driven company aiming to empower the next generation to explore the wonder of childhood and reach their full potential. We live up to our purpose employing the following behaviors:
- We collaborate: Being a part of Mattel means being part of one team with shared values and common goals. Every person counts and working closely together always brings better results. Partnership is our process and our collective capabilities is our superpower.
- We innovate: At Mattel we always aim to find new and better ways to create innovative products and experiences. No matter where you work in the organization, you can always make a difference and have real impact. We welcome new ideas and value new initiatives that challenge conventional thinking.
- We execute: We are a performance driven company. We strive for excellence and are focused on pursuing best in class outcomes. We believe in accountability and ownership and know that our people are at their best when they are empowered to create and deliver results.
Who We Are:
Mattel is a leading global toy company and owner of one of the strongest catalogs of children’s and family entertainment franchises in the world. We create innovative products and experiences that inspire, entertain and develop children through play. We engage consumers through our portfolio of iconic brands, including Barbie, Hot Wheels, Fisher-Price, American Girl, Thomas & Friends, UNO and MEGA, as well as other popular intellectual properties that we own or license in partnership with global entertainment companies. Our offerings include film and television content, gaming, music and live events. We operate in 35 locations and our products are available in more than 150 countries in collaboration with the world’s leading retail and ecommerce companies. Since its founding in 1945, Mattel is proud to be a trusted partner in empowering children to explore the wonder of childhood and reach their full potential.
Visit us at https://jobs.mattel.com/ and www.instagram.com/MattelCareers.
Mattel is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer where we want you to bring your authentic self to work every day. We welcome all job seekers including minorities, females, veterans, individuals with disabilities, and those of all sexual orientations and gender identities.