Retail and Merchandising Jobs
We're looking for people who are up for the challenge of honoring a seventy-year legacy by making their own mark in new frontiers. If being part of a remarkable transformation energizes you, you’re in the right place. We need pioneers, inventors, designers, and entrepreneurs of all kinds.
Retail Services PTU - New Orleans (Metairie), LA
New Orleans, Louisiana
Please turn off any pop up blockers before clicking apply now
This is Retail Service at Mattel. We get it done! The Mattel Retail Service organization is an extension of our Sales & Marketing teams – at the store level. Our team is made up of retail experts who are dedicated to providing premier in-store execution & conversion. With over 45 years of continuous service at Mattel, we focus on Merchandising, Retail Execution, Customer Service, Sales and Training, while delivering real time Business Insights. We are passionate about our portfolio of leading global brands and our success in the marketplace. We embrace growth, opportunity, innovation and support teamwork. We are the best full-service organization in the industry!
Our Retail Service team is looking for a Part-Time Representative to work an average of 15-25 hours per week to drive Mattel’s business at our key accounts. We are looking for team members who are passionate about merchandising, enjoy interacting with customers & store management and feel a sense of pride making a difference in our overall sales. If you are looking for additional hours to support your current job or returning to the workforce and want a part-time job to supplement income and still have time for family, this very flexible job could be just what you are looking for.
What Your Impact Will Be:
- Merchandise Mattel/Fisher Price products on shelf
- Build relationships with store managers
- Sell-in promotional displays & features to store management
- Negotiate Out of Aisle space
- Build product displays
- Implement Point of Purchase materials
- Ensure planogram compliance
- Accurately provide key survey data on each account
- Offer exceptional customer service
- Conduct in-store demonstrations
- Be the “eyes” in the store and report Business Insights back to the leadership team
- Work with Seasonal employees during the holidays and assist with schedules & training
What We're Looking For:
- Available to work daytime hours during the week and occasional required weekends based on demands of the business. Total weekly hours average from 15 - 25 hours per week
- Must be at least 18 years old
- Have access to reliable internet access (in home wireless router preferred)
- Have a valid driver’s license, access to a vehicle with current car insurance which indicates you as the insured or have reliable transportation
- Physical requirements: climbing ladders up to 12’ tall, ability to regularly lift up to 25 lbs. and occasionally lift up to 50 lbs. from floor to waist or chest height, operate power tools (screw driver & drill), able to stand, bend, twist, squat, kneel and walk for long periods of time, while adhering to safety policies and expectations.
- Must live within parameters of the territory to service/partner with assigned stores in the territory which includes New Orleans, Louisiana.
- High School Graduate or GED equivalent, some college preferred
- Strong communication skills
- Tech savvy (Microsoft office, familiar with iOS/iPad)
- Detail oriented
- Sense of urgency
- Resourceful decision-maker
- Competitive spirit & self motivator
- Regular & reliable attendance
We offer limited benefits for this position including mileage reimbursement and a 401K matching program.
What It’s Like to Work Here:
We are a purpose driven company aiming to empower the next generation to explore the wonder of childhood and reach their full potential. We live up to our purpose employing the following behaviors:
- We collaborate: Being a part of Mattel means being part of one team with shared values and common goals. Every person counts and working closely together always brings better results. Partnership is our process and our collective capabilities is our superpower.
- We innovate: At Mattel we always aim to find new and better ways to create innovative products and experiences. No matter where you work in the organization, you can always make a difference and have real impact. We welcome new ideas and value new initiatives that challenge conventional thinking.
- We execute: We are a performance driven company. We strive for excellence and are focused on pursuing best in class outcomes. We believe in accountability and ownership and know that our people are at their best when they are empowered to create and deliver results.
Who We Are:
Mattel is a leading global toy company and owner of one of the strongest catalogs of children’s and family entertainment franchises in the world. We create innovative products and experiences that inspire, entertain and develop children through play. We engage consumers through our portfolio of iconic brands, including Barbie, Hot Wheels, Fisher-Price, American Girl, Thomas & Friends, UNO and MEGA, as well as other popular intellectual properties that we own or license in partnership with global entertainment companies. Our offerings include film and television content, gaming, music and live events. We operate in 35 locations and our products are available in more than 150 countries in collaboration with the world’s leading retail and ecommerce companies. Since its founding in 1945, Mattel is proud to be a trusted partner in empowering children to explore the wonder of childhood and reach their full potential.
Visit us at https://jobs.mattel.com/ and www.instagram.com/MattelCareers.
Mattel is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer where we want you to bring your authentic self to work every day. We welcome all job seekers including minorities, females, veterans, individuals with disabilities, and those of all sexual orientations and gender identities.
You have not recently viewed any jobs.
You have no saved jobs.