We're looking for people who are up for the challenge of honoring a seventy-five year legacy by making their own mark in new frontiers. If being part of a remarkable transformation energizes you, you're in the right place. We need pioneers, inventors, designers and entrepreneurs of all kinds.
American Girl Assistant Restaurant Manager (Exempt)
New York, New York
Please turn off any pop up blockers before clicking apply now
CREATIVITY IS OUR SUPERPOWER. It’s our heritage and it’s also our future. Because we don’t just make toys. We create innovative products and experiences that inspire, entertain and develop children through play. Mattel is at its best when every member of our team feels respected, included, and heard—when everyone can show up as themselves and do their best work every day. We value and share an infinite range of ideas and voices that evolve and broaden our perspectives with a reach that extends into all our brands, partners, and suppliers.
The Team: The Assistant Restaurant Manager position is part of the American Girl New York City's restaurant team.
The Opportunity: The American Girl New York City retail store and full-service restaurant is seeking an experienced Assistant Restaurant Manager to assist the Restaurant Manager with the daily Front of House (FOH) operations and the Back of House (BOH) Levy partnership for the restaurant. This is a full-time, salaried position.
What Your Impact Will Be:
- Demonstrate strong leadership and coaching abilities to develop bench strengths for future management positions with American Girl.
- Support the Restaurant Manager in managing, staffing, hiring, purchasing, inventories, and food/beverage service standards.
- Support driving and achieving revenue and expense goals and maintain customer satisfaction.
- Support the Restaurant Manager on leading the team with safety and sanitation standards, serving standards, and evaluate menu items to ensure guest satisfaction.
- Support the Restaurant Manager in maintaining strong corporate partnerships, execute corporate initiatives and maintain restaurant standards.
- Support food programs for restaurants and storewide special events.
- Responsible for helping meet revenue plans, expense and payroll budgets, food cost, core staffing/head count, comment card results, health inspections, service assessments, and internal audits.
What We’re Looking For:
- 2-3 years of supervisor/management experience in fine casual dining or related restaurant with high volume and fast-paced environment with both front and back of house operations exposure, preferred.
- Current State Sanitation, Serve Safe, Safe Alcohol Consumption Certification, preferred.
- Experience working with children, preferred.
- Computer skills required for Microsoft Word, Excel, OneNote, Microsoft Teams, Zoom, restaurant reservation systems, POS systems, inventory systems, and basic office equipment (copiers/fax).
- Some heavy lifting (approximately 30-50 pounds) may be required for receiving and storing weekly supply deliveries and transporting full bus tubs.
- Ability to juggle a variety of responsibilities including monitoring service standards of 50+ employees and food quality, ensuring safety standards are upheld, resolving customer issues and personnel issues, overseeing the restaurant operation and its relationship within the store, and supporting the on-going development of new concepts and programs to promote the restaurant and to-go areas.
- Flexible schedule, including nights, weekends, and holidays.
What It’s Like to Work Here:
American Girl is subsidiary of Mattel, a purpose driven company aiming to empower the next generation to explore the wonder of childhood and reach their full potential. We live up to our purpose employing the following behaviors:
- We collaborate: Being a part of Mattel means being part of one team with shared values and common goals. Every person counts and working closely together always brings better results. Partnership is our process and our collective capabilities is our superpower.
- We innovate: At Mattel we always aim to find new and better ways to create innovative products and experiences. No matter where you work in the organization, you can always make a difference and have real impact. We welcome new ideas and value new initiatives that challenge conventional thinking.
- We execute: We are a performance driven company. We strive for excellence and are focused on pursuing best in class outcomes. We believe in accountability and ownership and know that our people are at their best when they are empowered to create and deliver results.
Who We Are:
American Girl is a premium brand for girls and a wholly-owned subsidiary of Mattel, Inc. (NASDAQ:MAT, www.mattel.com), a leading global toy company and owner of one of the strongest catalogs of children’s and family entertainment franchises in the world. We create innovative products and experiences that inspire, entertain and develop children through play. We engage consumers through our portfolio of iconic brands, including Barbie, Hot Wheels, Fisher-Price, American Girl, Thomas & Friends, UNO and MEGA, as well as other popular intellectual properties that we own or license in partnership with global entertainment companies. Our offerings include film and television content, gaming, music and live events. We operate in 35 locations and our products are available in more than 150 countries in collaboration with the world’s leading retail and ecommerce companies. Since its founding in 1945, Mattel is proud to be a trusted partner in empowering children to explore the wonder of childhood and reach their full potential.
Visit us at https://jobs.mattel.com/ and www.instagram.com/MattelCareers.
Mattel is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer where we want you to bring your authentic self to work every day. We welcome all job seekers including minorities, females, veterans, individuals with disabilities, and those of all sexual orientations and gender identities.