We're looking for people who are up for the challenge of honoring a seventy-five year legacy by making their own mark in new frontiers. If being part of a remarkable transformation energizes you, you're in the right place. We need pioneers, inventors, designers and entrepreneurs of all kinds.
Salon Stylist Variable
New York, New York
Please turn off any pop up blockers before clicking apply now
CREATIVITY IS OUR SUPERPOWER. It’s our heritage and it’s also our future. Because we don’t just make toys. We create innovative products and experiences that inspire, entertain and develop children through play. Mattel is at its best when every member of our team feels respected, included, and heard—when everyone can show up as themselves and do their best work every day. We value and share an infinite range of ideas and voices that evolve and broaden our perspectives with a reach that extends into all our brands, partners, and suppliers.
The Team: The Salon Stylist position is part of the Girls Hair Salon team, located inside the American Girl New York retail store.
American Girl New York is currently seeking a part-time Seasonal Salon Specialist for Girl Hair and Nails.
You must be willing to work Fridays, Saturdays, Sundays and holidays. All positions require that you be available to work all shifts, to include opening, mid-shifts and closing shifts on any of these days. Work schedules will vary from week to week.
What Your Impact Will Be:
• Providing salon services to girls that ensure a high level premium experience at American Girl.
• To create a positive, friendly, engaging and professional atmosphere that generates smiles and lasting memories.
• Specialist provides a broad range of styles and must be able to work with a variety of hair lengths and textures, as well as being proficient in creating fun, colorful manicures.
• Have complete knowledge and understanding of all salon services and products.
• Uphold the standards of sanitation and sterilization as directed by law and the salon’s policies and procedures.
• Answer questions, provide general customer assistance and resolving customer concerns.
What We’re Looking For:
• Current New York State Cosmetology license.
• Ability and experience to style hair in various styles and perform nail services.
• Ability to engage with children and adult customers while doing hair or nails.
• High energy, experience in a fast-paced service environment with a passion for quality service.
• Experience working with children is desirable.
• Ability to work as a team-player in a fast pace environment.
• Ability to work a flexible retail schedule to include Friday, Saturday and Sunday, as well as evenings and some holidays.
Mattel is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer
What It’s Like to Work Here:
American Girl is subsidiary of Mattel, a purpose driven company aiming to empower the next generation to explore the wonder of childhood and reach their full potential. We live up to our purpose employing the following behaviors:
- We collaborate: Being a part of Mattel means being part of one team with shared values and common goals. Every person counts and working closely together always brings better results. Partnership is our process and our collective capabilities is our superpower.
- We innovate: At Mattel we always aim to find new and better ways to create innovative products and experiences. No matter where you work in the organization, you can always make a difference and have real impact. We welcome new ideas and value new initiatives that challenge conventional thinking.
- We execute: We are a performance driven company. We strive for excellence and are focused on pursuing best in class outcomes. We believe in accountability and ownership and know that our people are at their best when they are empowered to create and deliver results.
Who We Are:
American Girl is a premium brand for girls and a wholly-owned subsidiary of Mattel, Inc. (NASDAQ:MAT, www.mattel.com), a leading global toy company and owner of one of the strongest catalogs of children’s and family entertainment franchises in the world. We create innovative products and experiences that inspire, entertain and develop children through play. We engage consumers through our portfolio of iconic brands, including Barbie, Hot Wheels, Fisher-Price, American Girl, Thomas & Friends, UNO and MEGA, as well as other popular intellectual properties that we own or license in partnership with global entertainment companies. Our offerings include film and television content, gaming, music and live events. We operate in 35 locations and our products are available in more than 150 countries in collaboration with the world’s leading retail and ecommerce companies. Since its founding in 1945, Mattel is proud to be a trusted partner in empowering children to explore the wonder of childhood and reach their full potential.
Visit us at https://jobs.mattel.com/ and www.instagram.com/MattelCareers.
Mattel is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer where we want you to bring your authentic self to work every day. We welcome all job seekers including minorities, females, veterans, individuals with disabilities, and those of all sexual orientations and gender identities.