We're looking for people who are up for the challenge of honoring a seventy-year legacy by making their own mark in new frontiers. If being part of a remarkable transformation energizes you, you’re in the right place. We need pioneers, inventors, designers, and entrepreneurs of all kinds.
Seasonal Bistro Host
New York, New York
Please turn off any pop up blockers before clicking apply now
The American Girl New York City retail store and café is looking for a dynamic individual to deliver an outstanding dining experience to our guests as aSeasonal Host in our restaurant. The Host is responsible for greeting and seating restaurant guests, managing reservations and working with the restaurant team. If you thrive in a high-pressure, fast-paced environment and can handle challenging service situations with sound judgment and a positive,professional demeanor, we want to hear from you.
* Greets guests promptly and provides timely seating of guests by maintaining accurate waitlists, while maximizing seating capacity.
* Manages large crowds in a professional manner and is able to resolve challenging service situations diplomatically.
* Creates and maintains a pleasant ambiance in the dining room and party rooms through lighting, music and table placement.
* Communicates accurate dining room and party room setup, along with special requests and birthday information, to the restaurant team.
* Shares information on the store and restaurant events with guests.
* Utilizes Guestbridge reservation and InfoGenesis register systems, along with Microsoft Office, to perform job functions.
* Initiates training opportunities with restaurant staff.
* Assists restaurant staff as needed in providing an outstanding dining experience.
* A high school degree or equivalent and a degree or certification from an accredited or recognized school, college or institution, preferred.
* Experience as a restaurant host, hotel concierge, or related customer service position, preferred.
* Computer skills including restaurant reservation and POS systems, Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook, and use of basic office equipment (copiers/fax), preferred.
* Experience working with children, preferred.
* Must be able to work a flexible schedule, including nights, weekends and holidays.
What It’s Like to Work Here:
Mattel is passionate about our employee experience, which is built on community, opportunity and purpose. Our employees are at their best when they’re recognized, rewarded, and empowered to drive their own Mattel journey – that’s why we offer flexible work schedules, unlimited paid time off for exempt employees, a generous holiday schedule, and a competitive compensation and benefits package. Depending on location, we also provide on-site resources like childcare and a fitness center to help seamlessly integrate work and life. There are endless opportunities to grow here, with a strong focus on career development, open access to senior leadership, and on-site and online training. Employees often say the best part of working at Mattel is the people, and we build our community through employee resource groups, clubs, leagues and activities that allow you to bring the “whole you” to work. We’re a family-friendly, inclusive, purpose-driven company that provides ample time and unique opportunities to give back to the communities in which we work and play. Our employees embody our WONDER values and are ready to put them into action every day.
Who We Are:
Mattel is a leading global children's entertainment company that specializes in design and production of quality toys and consumer products. We create innovative products and experiences that inspire, entertain and develop children through play. We engage consumers through our portfolio of iconic franchises, including Barbie®, Hot Wheels®, American Girl®, Fisher-Price®, Thomas & Friends® and MEGA®, as well as other popular brands that we own or license in partnership with global entertainment companies. Our offerings include film and television content, gaming, music and live events. We operate in 40 locations and sell products in more than 150 countries in collaboration with the world's leading retail and technology companies. Since its founding in 1945, Mattel is proud to be a trusted partner in exploring the wonder of childhood and empowering kids to reach their full potential.
Visit us at https://jobs.mattel.com/ and www.instagram.com/MattelCareers.
Mattel is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer
(minorities/female/veterans/individuals with disabilities/sexual orientation/gender identity)
You have not recently viewed any jobs.
You have no saved jobs.