Retail and Merchandising Jobs
We're looking for people who are up for the challenge of honoring a seventy-year legacy by making their own mark in new frontiers. If being part of a remarkable transformation energizes you, you’re in the right place. We need pioneers, inventors, designers, and entrepreneurs of all kinds.
Seasonal Lead Merchandise Handler
Palo Alto, California
Please turn off any pop up blockers before clicking apply now
American Girl San Francisco is looking for a dynamic individual as a Seasonal Lead Merchandise Handler to assist in the management of the back of house operations and to provide leadership and direction to the department team. The individual we seek demonstrates initiative, can work independently and can prioritize daily tasks to meet changing business needs.
• Monitor and supervise placement of merchandise both on the selling floor and in the stockroom according to visual, safety and efficiency standards.
• Supervise and verify incoming and outgoing trailers and manifests.
• Assume leadership role in absence of Assistant Operations Manager; troubleshoot when needed.
• Promote team environment; coach and motivate department members; delegate and develop skill set of team; provide regular and constructive feedback.
• Communicate internal and external concerns to manager; communicate company, store and department information to associates.
• Assist in troubleshooting and maintenance of store’s PC’s and registers.
• Perform additional duties and tasks as assigned such as ordering store supplies and staff scheduling.
• High school degree or equivalent, preferred.
• 6 months to 2 years of experience with merchandise handling, inventory and maintenance issues, preferred.
• Experience in maintaining/troubleshooting IT and POS equipment, preferred.
• Ability to lift up to 30 lbs.
• Must be available to work open and close shifts, weekends, and holidays.
What It’s Like to Work Here:
American Girl is subsidiary of Mattel, a purpose driven company aiming to empower the next generation to explore the wonder of childhood and reach their full potential. We live up to our purpose employing the following behaviors:
- We collaborate: Being a part of Mattel means being part of one team with shared values and common goals. Every person counts and working closely together always brings better results. Partnership is our process and our collective capabilities is our superpower.
- We innovate: At Mattel we always aim to find new and better ways to create innovative products and experiences. No matter where you work in the organization, you can always make a difference and have real impact. We welcome new ideas and value new initiatives that challenge conventional thinking.
- We execute: We are a performance driven company. We strive for excellence and are focused on pursuing best in class outcomes. We believe in accountability and ownership and know that our people are at their best when they are empowered to create and deliver results.
Who We Are:
American Girl is a premium brand for girls and a wholly-owned subsidiary of Mattel, Inc. (NASDAQ:MAT, www.mattel.com), a leading global toy company and owner of one of the strongest catalogs of children’s and family entertainment franchises in the world. We create innovative products and experiences that inspire, entertain and develop children through play. We engage consumers through our portfolio of iconic brands, including Barbie, Hot Wheels, Fisher-Price, American Girl, Thomas & Friends, UNO and MEGA, as well as other popular intellectual properties that we own or license in partnership with global entertainment companies. Our offerings include film and television content, gaming, music and live events. We operate in 35 locations and our products are available in more than 150 countries in collaboration with the world’s leading retail and ecommerce companies. Since its founding in 1945, Mattel is proud to be a trusted partner in empowering children to explore the wonder of childhood and reach their full potential.
Visit us at https://jobs.mattel.com/ and www.instagram.com/MattelCareers.
Mattel is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer where we want you to bring your authentic self to work every day. We welcome all job seekers including minorities, females, veterans, individuals with disabilities, and those of all sexual orientations and gender identities.
You have not recently viewed any jobs.
You have no saved jobs.