We're looking for people who are up for the challenge of honoring a seventy-five year legacy by making their own mark in new frontiers. If being part of a remarkable transformation energizes you, you're in the right place. We need pioneers, inventors, designers and entrepreneurs of all kinds.
Seasonal Lead Sales
Palo Alto, California
Please turn off any pop up blockers before clicking apply now
CREATIVITY IS OUR SUPERPOWER. It’s our heritage and it’s also our future. Because we don’t just make toys. We create innovative products and experiences that inspire, entertain and develop children through play. Mattel is at its best when every member of our team feels respected, included, and heard—when everyone can show up as themselves and do their best work every day. We value and share an infinite range of ideas and voices that evolve and broaden our perspectives with a reach that extends into all our brands, partners, and suppliers.
The Team: The Seasonal Lead Sales position is part of the American Girl San Francisco Bay Area retail store team.
The Opportunity: The American Girl San Francisco Bay Area retail store is looking for dynamic individuals as Seasonal Lead Sales to assist the department manager with daily operations, including providing leadership and direction to the department, and providing a high level of selling and customer service to American Girl guests.
What Your Impact Will Be:
• Support the retail sales manager in all business functions including, but not limited to merchandise management, business analysis, and staff development.
• Execute supervisory duties, including floor presentation visual standards, coaching and motivating staff, monitoring business and stock levels in the department, communicating with management, maintaining communication and coaching binders, preparing staff schedule for ensuring adequate floor coverage, motivating team members to meet or exceed sales goals, tracking sales performance analyzing results for management, and delegating responsibilities to the team to improve work flow and increase staff skills.
• Leads by example by delivering exceptional and engaging customer service to ensure an excellent guest experience.
• Fulfills responsibilities of the Manager on Duty by overseeing the sales floor and solving customer service concerns as they arise.
What We’re Looking For:
• Demonstrated ability to work with a broad and diverse work force.
• A strong customer service background, with lead/supervisory experience, preferred.
• Excellent communication (both verbal and written) and organizational skills are essential.
• Must enjoy children and possess a warm and friendly demeanor.
• Well-developed computer skills essential; must be a skilled user of Microsoft Excel, Outlook and Word.
• Ability to work a flexible schedule including nights, weekends and holidays.
Mattel is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer
What It’s Like to Work Here:
American Girl is subsidiary of Mattel, a purpose driven company aiming to empower the next generation to explore the wonder of childhood and reach their full potential. We live up to our purpose employing the following behaviors:
- We collaborate: Being a part of Mattel means being part of one team with shared values and common goals. Every person counts and working closely together always brings better results. Partnership is our process and our collective capabilities is our superpower.
- We innovate: At Mattel we always aim to find new and better ways to create innovative products and experiences. No matter where you work in the organization, you can always make a difference and have real impact. We welcome new ideas and value new initiatives that challenge conventional thinking.
- We execute: We are a performance driven company. We strive for excellence and are focused on pursuing best in class outcomes. We believe in accountability and ownership and know that our people are at their best when they are empowered to create and deliver results.
Who We Are:
American Girl is a premium brand for girls and a wholly-owned subsidiary of Mattel, Inc. (NASDAQ:MAT, www.mattel.com), a leading global toy company and owner of one of the strongest catalogs of children’s and family entertainment franchises in the world. We create innovative products and experiences that inspire, entertain and develop children through play. We engage consumers through our portfolio of iconic brands, including Barbie, Hot Wheels, Fisher-Price, American Girl, Thomas & Friends, UNO and MEGA, as well as other popular intellectual properties that we own or license in partnership with global entertainment companies. Our offerings include film and television content, gaming, music and live events. We operate in 35 locations and our products are available in more than 150 countries in collaboration with the world’s leading retail and ecommerce companies. Since its founding in 1945, Mattel is proud to be a trusted partner in empowering children to explore the wonder of childhood and reach their full potential.
Visit us at https://jobs.mattel.com/ and www.instagram.com/MattelCareers.
Mattel is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer where we want you to bring your authentic self to work every day. We welcome all job seekers including minorities, females, veterans, individuals with disabilities, and those of all sexual orientations and gender identities.