We're looking for people who are up for the challenge of honoring a seventy-five year legacy by making their own mark in new frontiers. If being part of a remarkable transformation energizes you, you're in the right place. We need pioneers, inventors, designers and entrepreneurs of all kinds.
Please turn off any pop up blockers before clicking apply now
CREATIVITY IS OUR SUPERPOWER. It’s our heritage and it’s also our future. Because we don’t just make toys. We create innovative products and experiences that inspire, entertain and develop children through play. Mattel is at its best when every member of our team feels respected, included, and heard—when everyone can show up as themselves and do their best work every day. We value and share an infinite range of ideas and voices that evolve and broaden our perspectives with a reach that extends into all our brands, partners, and suppliers.
Mattel is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer where we want you to bring your authentic self to work every day. We welcome all job seekers including minorities, females, individuals with disabilities and those of all sexual orientations and gender identities.
We are committed to working flexibly ongoing and operating a hybrid model in our Australian office.
In this newly formed permanent position, the Manager Global Indirect Procurement will be responsible for multi-category management and sourcing activities in the APAC region with focus on Marketing, Corporate Services and other spend categories across Mattel.
Key areas of Marketing include, but are not limited to, paid media buying, social media, consumer business insights, PR, and regional retail-in-store merchandising materials, print and other agencies for marketing services, managing regional content creation/production, content distribution, transcreation & translation, Creative design (digital and print) for various Mattel Brands and Business Units.
Other spend-categories require the management of various areas with high strategic importance too such as lease cars, regional mobile, and Asia travel agencies etc. There is also the opportunity to provide and support inputs into global managed initiatives.
This role leads and develops the dedicated Senior Buyer, Indirect APAC.
The Manager Indirect Procurement APAC is responsible for:
- Leading APAC cross functional teams driving cost, quality, service, technology, and innovation efficiencies
- Conducting spend analysis for the region and identify further opportunities
- Forming and maintaining meaningful relationships with key business stakeholders to support on-going and future sourcing activities
- Supporting ZBB process in the region
- Developing and managing end-to-end RFI/ RFPs spanning from creation, issuance, and facilitation of the entire process through vendor selection, in collaboration with an Integrated Sourcing Team (IST) to build consensus, resolve conflict, lead and provide guidance on negotiation tactics and planning with vendors, drive project activity through the communication of expectations, creation and enforcement of deliverables, and management of issues/risks
- Partner with Legal / Finance team on supplier contract negotiations to ensure cost savings targets are achieved and internal stakeholder requirements are incorporated in all new agreements
- Coordinate on global projects and share best practices with the Global Indirect Procurement team’s activities to drive synergies and improve effectiveness of the group
- Develop recommendations to the GP Leadership team to support strategic improvements and increase GP engagement across key categories.
- Facilitate sourcing initiatives through e-proc system or Coupa
This role is vital to ensuring that Mattel continues to gain momentum towards truly becoming a world class strategic sourcing organization which will drive further operational efficiencies across the globe via sustainable cost discipline and revenue growth platforms.
Experience, knowledge and skills we think the right candidate will hold:
- Minimum 5-7 years of relevant professional experience
- BA/BS (Business, Finance, and/or Operations/Supply Chain preferred)
- Excellent project management skills
- Strong analytical and financial / commercial skills
- Proven track record of building both internal and external relationships
- Ability to work across diverse cultures and influence
- Experience developing contract terms with legal /finance and negotiation skills
- Experience working closely with and frequently presenting to senior management
- Curious and adaptable to all situations
- Ability to focus, prioritise and implement
As borders open in mid-2022 there would be some expectation of travel (15%) ongoing.
This is a wonderful opportunity to work across APAC from Melbourne and join a global organisation with the opportunity to drive and implement key procurement strategies within the market. We are a high performing team within a fast-paced organisation where speed and agility are key.
Interested then please apply by close of business 12th August 2021.
Please note that candidates will be required to have full working rights in Australia and be currently based here. Direct applications are only being sought currently.