We're looking for people who are up for the challenge of honoring a seventy-year legacy by making their own mark in new frontiers. If being part of a remarkable transformation energizes you, you’re in the right place. We need pioneers, inventors, designers, and entrepreneurs of all kinds.
Sr Manager National Accounts
Please turn off any pop up blockers before clicking apply now
Mattel, Inc., the largest toy company in the world is seeking a Senior Manager National Accounts reporting to the Senior Director of Sales for the Walmart account. The Senior Manager will have responsibility for the strategic direction and management of Mattel brands for Walmart eCommerce. Primary responsibilities include managing a team of two, building the relationship between Walmart eCommerce & Mattel and facilitating short and long-term growth of the customer. The Senior Manager will partner with cross-functional groups across the customer organization to expand the current business and develop new revenue opportunities. This position will provide the highest level of service to the customer and will provide the leadership critical to achieving revenue and profit objectives for Mattel.
This position will be field-based in our Rogers, Arkansas Sales office. This position will require periodic travel to corporate headquarters in CA and NY and various trade shows around the country.
- Achieve targeted sales objectives consistent with the annual business plan
- Focus on business acumen and fact-based negotiation to drive profitable growth
- Conduct ongoing deep analysis of products and customer needs, providing data-driven recommendations to internal teams and Walmart to further grow the business
- Gain share across accounts by leveraging data insights
- Manage ongoing weekly by-product forecasting reviews and POS analysis with internal forecast and planning teams to ensure demands are reflective of POS changes
- Attend product reviews & lead Walmart customer previews
- Identify business opportunities with the account and work with internal partners to create customized plans to drive results
- Conduct weekly buyer meetings, inclusive of forecast/order recommendations, as well as periodic in-person Business Reviews to refine inventory forecasts and marketing plans
- Conduct ongoing internal discussions with Brand and Customer Marketing teams to ensure strong execution including merchandising plans and strong product detail pages
- Build relationships with buying teams and internal partners
- Partner closely with Licensing Partners, participating in monthly meetings, focusing on licensed product inventory levels and helping drive mutually beneficial programs.
- Learn and maintain knowledge of new and existing product lines as well as the competitive landscape.
- Builds and leads a team to execute on business area or category objectives.
- Coaches team members and provide feedback to enhance skills, knowledge and work performance.
- Have performance and career development conversations.
- Maintains team motivation and engagement.
- Mentors Planners.
- Promotes and supports company policies, procedures, mission, values, and standards of ethics and integrity.
- Provides supervision and development opportunities.
- Minimum 8-10 yrs related sales experience in Consumer-Packaged Goods, toys, entertainment or dotcom/mass-market retailer
- Bachelor’s degree
- Consumer Goods experience is imperative
- Passion for working in an evolving market
- Effective selling & communication skills and confidence will be keys for success
- Goal oriented mindset to drive to our numbers
- Analytical experience with ability to use data to drive business decisions/recommendations
- Function as One Team to deliver results
- Ability to exert personal influence, build relationships with the account, and collaborate effectively with functional teams and other key internal / external stakeholders
- Ability to make consistently sound judgments
- Ability to sort out distractions which might inhibit achievement of objectives
- MBA or equivalent advanced degree.
- Experience selling or marketing to eCommerce retailers.
- Trade Marketing experience, including category management, site merchandising, and promotional planning.
Mattel is a leading global children's entertainment company that specializes in design and production of quality toys and consumer products. We create innovative products and experiences that inspire, entertain and develop children through play. We engage consumers through our portfolio of iconic franchises, including Barbie®, Hot Wheels®, American Girl®, Fisher-Price®, Thomas & Friends® and MEGA®, as well as other popular brands that we own or license in partnership with global entertainment companies. Our offerings include film and television content, gaming, music and live events. We operate in 40 locations and sell products in more than 150 countries in collaboration with the world's leading retail and technology companies. Since its founding in 1945, Mattel is proud to be a trusted partner in exploring the wonder of childhood and empowering kids to reach their full potential.
Visit us at https://jobs.mattel.com/ and www.instagram.com/MattelCareers.
Mattel is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer
(minorities/female/veterans/individuals with disabilities/sexual orientation/gender identity)
You have not recently viewed any jobs.
You have no saved jobs.