We're looking for people who are up for the challenge of honoring a seventy-five year legacy by making their own mark in new frontiers. If being part of a remarkable transformation energizes you, you're in the right place. We need pioneers, inventors, designers and entrepreneurs of all kinds.
Manager, Change Management and Compute
Please turn off any pop up blockers before clicking apply now
CREATIVITY IS OUR SUPERPOWER. It’s our heritage and it’s also our future. Because we don’t just make toys. We create innovative products and experiences that inspire, entertain and develop children through play. Mattel is at its best when every member of our team feels respected, included, and heard—when everyone can show up as themselves and do their best work every day. We value and share an infinite range of ideas and voices that evolve and broaden our perspectives with a reach that extends into all our brands, partners, and suppliers.
The Technical Services Team is responsible for running the Data Center operations for our Global Technology Services of Mattel. The Technical Services Team’s primary responsibility is to ensure their infrastructure services health and availability for application services, enterprise client services and business consumers. Our primary goal is availability and ensure infrastructure services are monitored 100%.
The Manager of Change Management and Compute lead is responsible for governing CAB, Unix, Storage, Backup and Windows technology towers and for maintaining the hygiene of the environment and the support teams 24x7/365 days to ensure the availability of systems at 99.99%+ up time. The candidate must have hands on experience working with outsource partners like CTS, Infosys, Wipro, Tata, etc. This includes troubleshooting of operational systems, performing continuous analysis of production jobs, backup processes, system monitoring and server availability, and to provide solutions working with all the groups impacted. He/she is also responsible for ensuring client/operational satisfaction through the execution of timely delivery of Global Technology Operational (GTO) Services.
What Your Impact Will Be:
· Facilitating workshops and/or forums to promote change management initiatives and/or review overall performance and effectiveness of the change process and make recommendations for improvements.
· Attend daily CAB meetings and assist with review and approval of change requests.
· Audit aging change report and weekly emergency change report and work with appropriate GTO Tower leads to ensure all change requests are closed within change windows and/or timely manner.
· Perform periodic reviews and ensure all change management process documents such as SOP, runbook, user-guide and training materials are up to date.
· Manage the governance of the life cycle of changes and make sure only authorized changes are implemented on production environments.
· Ensure monthly, quarterly and annual change management SOX audit controls are submitted, reviewed, issues/remediations (if any) are resolved and approved per assigned completion date.
· Review weekly change calendar report and ensure latest version is provided during executive operation meetings.
· Ensure all changes resulting on P1/P2 incident are reported, tracked and RCA document are reviewed.
· Conduct reviews with partners and review service levels on a weekly, monthly and quarterly basis for Storage and Compute areas.
· Manages delivery of IT Operations by collaborating and driving the outsourced partner to successful delivery of contractual obligations with predefined SLAs.
· Provides input to initiation and analysis activities including Project Charter development, Cost Benefit Analysis, Request for Information and Request for Proposals.
· Manages small projects as assigned, including timeline, scope, resources, risk, quality and customer expectations.
· Ensures all enterprise and Operations infrastructure standards are followed.
· Participates in discussions between IT and the business unit regarding current and anticipated service requirements and alternative approaches.
· Assists with the education of customers about current IT trends and technology.
· Communicates plans, status and issues on a regular basis to executive management.
· Plans and evaluates the work of technical and other support staff.
· Audits and approves staff work reflected on invoices and timecards.
What We’re Looking For:
· 8+ years’ experience in IT including 5+ years’ experience in IT automation and integration roles.
· BS degree preferred, or equivalent work experience.
· Advanced knowledge of ITIL, IAM, AD, collaboration and Cloud systems.
· Collaboration tool administration skills a plus. (Exchange, SharePoint, Confluence, TEAMS, Slack, Agile Central, etc.).
· Familiarity with ITIL, CD/CI, Agile processes.
· Experience with RedHat Linux, Windows, VMWare, EMC & NetApp Storage, Backups, and Cisco Networking devices.
· Solid understanding of large-scale applications, network architectures, monitoring and fault management.
· Must have experience developing application dashboards utilizing the AppDynamics monitoring tool, Quantum.
· Experience with budgeting for Operations products, services, and support.
· Experience managing co-location relationships with heavy emphasis on Outsourcing relationships.
· Skilled in examining and re-engineering IT operations and procedures, formulating policy, and developing and implementing new strategies.
· Excellent communications skills (written & spoken), and ability to communicate technical ideas to business users and other teams.
What It’s Like to Work Here:
We are a purpose driven company aiming to empower the next generation to explore the wonder of childhood and reach their full potential. We live up to our purpose employing the following behaviors:
- We collaborate: Being a part of Mattel means being part of one team with shared values and common goals. Every person counts and working closely together always brings better results. Partnership is our process and our collective capabilities is our superpower.
- We innovate: At Mattel we always aim to find new and better ways to create innovative products and experiences. No matter where you work in the organization, you can always make a difference and have real impact. We welcome new ideas and value new initiatives that challenge conventional thinking.
- We execute: We are a performance driven company. We strive for excellence and are focused on pursuing best in class outcomes. We believe in accountability and ownership and know that our people are at their best when they are empowered to create and deliver results.
Who We Are:
Mattel is a leading global toy company and owner of one of the strongest catalogs of children’s and family entertainment franchises in the world. We create innovative products and experiences that inspire, entertain and develop children through play. We engage consumers through our portfolio of iconic brands, including Barbie, Hot Wheels, Fisher-Price, American Girl, Thomas & Friends, UNO and MEGA, as well as other popular intellectual properties that we own or license in partnership with global entertainment companies. Our offerings include film and television content, gaming, music and live events. We operate in 35 locations and our products are available in more than 150 countries in collaboration with the world’s leading retail and ecommerce companies. Since its founding in 1945, Mattel is proud to be a trusted partner in empowering children to explore the wonder of childhood and reach their full potential.
Visit us at https://jobs.mattel.com/ and www.instagram.com/MattelCareers.
Mattel is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer where we want you to bring your authentic self to work every day. We welcome all job seekers including minorities, females, veterans, individuals with disabilities, and those of all sexual orientations and gender identities.