We're looking for people who are up for the challenge of honoring a seventy-five year legacy by making their own mark in new frontiers. If being part of a remarkable transformation energizes you, you're in the right place. We need pioneers, inventors, designers and entrepreneurs of all kinds.
Senior Manager, IT (End to end monitoring)
Please turn off any pop up blockers before clicking apply now
CREATIVITY IS OUR SUPERPOWER. It’s our heritage and it’s also our future. Because we don’t just make toys. We create innovative products and experiences that inspire, entertain and develop children through play. Mattel is at its best when every member of our team feels respected, included, and heard—when everyone can show up as themselves and do their best work every day. We value and share an infinite range of ideas and voices that evolve and broaden our perspectives with a reach that extends into all our brands, partners, and suppliers.
Reporting to the Director, Infrastructure Operations, the Senior Manager of Enterprise Monitoring is responsible for the architecture of end-to-end systems and applications monitoring solutions, process automation, administration and integration of monitoring tools, resolution of incidents and implementation of monitoring alerts in the IT global 24x7/365, 99.99%+ up time environment. The candidate must have hands on experience working with outsource partners like (CTS, Infosys, Wipro, Tata, etc.). End-to-End monitoring includes troubleshooting of operational systems and network-related components and software. It also entails continuous analysis of production jobs, backup processes, system monitoring and server availability while providing solutions in collaboration with all groups impacted. The incumbent will be responsible for ensuring client/operational satisfaction through the execution of timely delivery of Mattel’s Global Technology Operational Services.
What Your Impact Will Be:
Monitoring and Production Support
- Architects enterprise end-to-end infrastructure and applications monitoring solutions to meet business needs;
- Provides automation and integration scripts to increase tool and people efficiencies;
- Drives analytical team to improve availability and performance of infrastructure and applications;
- Incorporates design enhancements for security, availability, and automation improvements;
- Interacts with team members and vendors to determine and align business requirements;
- Provides advanced application support;
- Creates and maintain comprehensive documentation: Run-Books, Service Manual Transition Documents, Production Turnover Documents, and Change Control Records;
- Leads the team through project management and mentorship;
- Oversees the daily monitoring activities of Mattel’s Technical Services Delivery Team;
- Manages staff assignments and deliverables ensuring quality, accuracy and timeliness of deliverables;
- Participates in the development and execution of operational plans, as well as monitors and maintains their performance levels, and make improvement recommendations;
- Develops growth plan covering hardware, software, human resources, data management, and facility resources;
- Supports Mattel’s security policies, standards, and processes;
- Develops and documents policies and procedures for disaster notification and recovery, database maintenance, implementation and testing of security systems, and performance/capacity monitoring of all subsystems.
- Researches industry technologies and methodologies.
What We’re Looking For:
12+ year’s experience in IT roles including management
- 5+ years’ experience in IT automation/integration roles, end to end monitoring (App & Infra);
- BS degree preferred, or equivalent work experience;
- Advanced knowledge of ITIL, IAM, AD, collaboration and Cloud systems;
- Collaboration tool administration skills a plus. (Exchange, SharePoint, Confluence, TEAMS, Slack, Agile Central, etc.);
- Ability to communicate technical ideas to business users and other teams;
- Familiarity with ITIL, CD/CI, Agile processes;
- Excellent Communication Skills (written as well)
- Self-driven individual with good project management skills;
- Solid understanding of large-scale applications, network architectures, monitoring and fault management;
- Must have experience developing application dashboards utilizing the AppDynamics monitoring tool, Quantum;
- Experience with budgeting for Operations products, services, and support;
- Experience managing co-location relationships with heavy emphasis on Outsourcing relationships;
- Experience with RedHat Linux, Windows, VMWare, EMC & NetApp Storage, Backups, and Cisco Networking devices;
- Skilled in examining and re-engineering IT operations and procedures, formulating policy, and developing and implementing new strategies;
- Ability to analyze complex problems, interpret operational needs, and develop integrated, creative solutions;
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to effectively communicate with a wide range of individuals and constituencies in a diverse community;
- Advanced analytical, evaluative, and objective critical thinking skills;
- Working knowledge and understanding of the principles and processes of computerized business and operating systems;
- Ability to gather data, compile information, and prepare reports for Executive Management;
- Ability to supervise and train employees, to include organizing, prioritizing, and scheduling work assignments;
- Ability to provide technical guidance and leadership to professional personnel in area of expertise;
- Ability to provide and drive data collection needs for various annual Corporate Audits: SOX, PCI, etc;
- Certifications: ITILv3, Six Sigma Green or Black.
What It’s Like to Work Here:
We are a purpose driven company aiming to empower the next generation to explore the wonder of childhood and reach their full potential. We live up to our purpose employing the following behaviors:
- We collaborate: Being a part of Mattel means being part of one team with shared values and common goals. Every person counts and working closely together always brings better results. Partnership is our process and our collective capabilities is our superpower.
- We innovate: At Mattel we always aim to find new and better ways to create innovative products and experiences. No matter where you work in the organization, you can always make a difference and have real impact. We welcome new ideas and value new initiatives that challenge conventional thinking.
- We execute: We are a performance driven company. We strive for excellence and are focused on pursuing best in class outcomes. We believe in accountability and ownership and know that our people are at their best when they are empowered to create and deliver results.
Who We Are:
Mattel is a leading global toy company and owner of one of the strongest catalogs of children’s and family entertainment franchises in the world. We create innovative products and experiences that inspire, entertain and develop children through play. We engage consumers through our portfolio of iconic brands, including Barbie, Hot Wheels, Fisher-Price, American Girl, Thomas & Friends, UNO and MEGA, as well as other popular intellectual properties that we own or license in partnership with global entertainment companies. Our offerings include film and television content, gaming, music and live events. We operate in 35 locations and our products are available in more than 150 countries in collaboration with the world’s leading retail and ecommerce companies. Since its founding in 1945, Mattel is proud to be a trusted partner in empowering children to explore the wonder of childhood and reach their full potential.
Visit us at https://jobs.mattel.com/ and www.instagram.com/MattelCareers.
Mattel is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer where we want you to bring your authentic self to work every day. We welcome all job seekers including minorities, females, veterans, individuals with disabilities, and those of all sexual orientations and gender identities.