We're looking for people who are up for the challenge of honoring a seventy-five year legacy by making their own mark in new frontiers. If being part of a remarkable transformation energizes you, you're in the right place. We need pioneers, inventors, designers and entrepreneurs of all kinds.
Sr. Associate, Marketing Communications
Please turn off any pop up blockers before clicking apply now
CREATIVITY IS OUR SUPERPOWER. It’s our heritage and it’s also our future. Because we don’t just make toys. We create innovative products and experiences that inspire, entertain and develop children through play. Mattel is at its best when every member of our team feels respected, included, and heard—when everyone can show up as themselves and do their best work every day. We value and share an infinite range of ideas and voices that evolve and broaden our perspectives with a reach that extends into all our brands, partners, and suppliers.
This is a one-year contract, replacing a maternity leave replacement.
The Marketing Communications Team at MEGA is responsible for developing global marketing communication strategy and messages to promote MEGA’s portfolio of brands and licenses.
We are searching for a passionate and highly motivated Sr. Associate, Marketing Communications, to join our Global Marketing Communications team. Reporting to the Senior Manager, Global Marketing Communications, the Sr. Associate, Marketing Communications will drive communication campaigns and marketing initiatives to support Mega Bloks and Mega Bloks licenses in a digital-first promotional landscape in order to support MEGA business objectives and financial growth. Additionally, the incumbent will ensure the execution of the campaign through collaboration with cross-functional and multi-regional teams. As the ideal candidate for this role, your skills in strategic thinking, demonstrated excellence in communication, and the proven ability to deliver measurable results in a fast-paced environment will be valued.
What Your Impact Will Be:
- In collaboration with the Sr. Manager, create and coordinate communications programs for MEGA’s portfolio of brands in partnership with cross-functional teams and guide project teams/partners to effectively execute communications programs as required;
- Support the development of go-to-market strategies and marketing activations to support new product launch;
- Build relationships and collaborate with multi-regional teams to ensure the global execution of the campaign and alignment across channels/touchpoints;
- Write briefs for content & asset creation, to be shared with internal and external partners;
- Point of contact with franchise partners and licensors for marketing strategy, supporting assets, and feedback submissions.
What We’re Looking For:
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing or communications;
- At least 2-3 years’ of experience in coordination and execution of customer-facing communications plans;
- Experience in digital-first promotional campaigns;
- Experience working with global teams would be an asset;
- Ability to work from a remote/home office and deliver measurable results, handling multiple tasks, prioritizing activities, and meeting deadlines;
- Strong analytical, research and creative skills with the ability to integrate insights and industry trends into cohesive communication strategies, supporting the business objectives;
- Flexible and capable of managing and shifting priorities to meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment;
- Excellent interpersonal skills to successfully develop and sustain good working relationships with employees throughout the company;
- Proven project management, and problem-solving, including experience managing external agencies/partners;
- Ability to give and receive constructive feedback on campaign projects;
- Organized and capable of managing multiple projects at the same time;
- Strong communication skills in French and in English, both written and verbal;
- Proficiency with software such as Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
What It’s Like to Work Here:
We are a purpose driven company aiming to empower the next generation to explore the wonder of childhood and reach their full potential. We live up to our purpose employing the following behaviors:
- We collaborate: Being a part of Mattel means being part of one team with shared values and common goals. Every person counts and working closely together always brings better results. Partnership is our process and our collective capabilities is our superpower.
- We innovate: At Mattel we always aim to find new and better ways to create innovative products and experiences. No matter where you work in the organization, you can always make a difference and have real impact. We welcome new ideas and value new initiatives that challenge conventional thinking.
- We execute: We are a performance driven company. We strive for excellence and are focused on pursuing best in class outcomes. We believe in accountability and ownership and know that our people are at their best when they are empowered to create and deliver results.
Who We Are:
Mattel is a leading global toy company and owner of one of the strongest catalogs of children’s and family entertainment franchises in the world. We create innovative products and experiences that inspire, entertain and develop children through play. We engage consumers through our portfolio of iconic brands, including Barbie, Hot Wheels, Fisher-Price, American Girl, Thomas & Friends, UNO and MEGA, as well as other popular intellectual properties that we own or license in partnership with global entertainment companies. Our offerings include film and television content, gaming, music and live events. We operate in 35 locations and our products are available in more than 150 countries in collaboration with the world’s leading retail and ecommerce companies. Since its founding in 1945, Mattel is proud to be a trusted partner in empowering children to explore the wonder of childhood and reach their full potential.
Visit us at https://jobs.mattel.com/ and www.instagram.com/MattelCareers.
Mattel is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer where we want you to bring your authentic self to work every day. We welcome all job seekers including minorities, females, veterans, individuals with disabilities, and those of all sexual orientations and gender identities.