We're looking for people who are up for the challenge of honoring a seventy-five year legacy by making their own mark in new frontiers. If being part of a remarkable transformation energizes you, you're in the right place. We need pioneers, inventors, designers and entrepreneurs of all kinds.
San Bernardino, California
Please turn off any pop up blockers before clicking apply now
CREATIVITY IS OUR SUPERPOWER. It’s our heritage and it’s also our future. Because we don’t just make toys. We create innovative products and experiences that inspire, entertain and develop children through play. Mattel is at its best when every member of our team feels respected, included, and heard—when everyone can show up as themselves and do their best work every day. We value and share an infinite range of ideas and voices that evolve and broaden our perspectives with a reach that extends into all our brands, partners, and suppliers.
The Team: Transportation Coordinator position is part of San Bernardino Distribution center team.
The Opportunity: Work with Mattel distribution team to ensure timely inbound delivery of goods, and scheduling/evaluation of transit to our Retail store network. Creating and supporting a series of tools for visibility to the business teams responsible to ensuring inventory is in the right place both inbound, and to our destination for consumer purchase. Juggling several duties to ensure the business is supported in Retail, B2B, Manufacturing and E-com will be key to the success of this position. Working with Data lead to ensure information is flowing correctly. Working with many internal and external customers to ensure needs are being met. This position requires great attention to detail, the ability to anticipate what will be needed, and the ability to communicate status and concerns in a proactive manner. In addition, helping to construct report cards and evaluation criteria will be key to success. This role will be expected to represent Mattel's needs in meetings and in correspondence both internal and external facing customers, requiring a professional demeanor and the ability to present and negotiate for their point of view. The role requires ability to work independently to determine what needs attention, creative problem solving on getting DCs scheduled and balanced for incoming work and with store personnel to ensure their desired schedule and our trucking plan align.
What Your Impact Will Be:
- Coordinate drayage process by pro-actively and positively engaging Steamship lines, drayage companies and warehouses in daily operational activities.
- Perform shipment tracking and tracing with Steamship lines and drayage companies (port terminal availability, delivery status, etc.).
- Track containers schedules on Steamship lines website and port terminal website to update drayage and warehouses on status.
- Ensure container delivery orders are timely distributed to drayage companies and track/report status to support decision making.
- Positively troubleshoot any internal issues limiting or affecting a smoothly drayage operations (Freight hold, Customs hold, TMF, CTF, etc.).
- Keep in close contact with drayage partners across the entire inbound transportation process (from the scheduling of the container pickup until the return of the empty container to the terminal).
- Update management on inbound freight metrics, shipping budgets and on KPIs.
- Keep tracking of Demurrage & Detention costs and adopt a continues improvement mindset, focusing on the identification and reduction of waste costs.
- Perform transportation-related invoice auditing and timely registering in the internal system for financial accrual purposes.
- Handle activities in a timely manner and escalate to supervision/management immediately when issues arise.
What We’re Looking For:
- Bachelor’s Degree in logistics, supply chain, engineering, or a related field preferred
- 2 or more years related experience in logistics, transportation, operations, supply chain, or related field (internship experience can be considered in lieu of work experience).
- Able to thrive in a fast-paced environment
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Self-motivated and able to work with minimal day to day direction.
- Strong problem-solving skills and interpersonal skills
- Intermediate or above skills with Microsoft Office Programs including Excel and Access.
- Able to collaborate with internal and external customers and partners at all organizational levels.
- Able to effectively communicate verbally and in written form to internal and external customers and partners at all organizational levels.
- Works as one team, is flexible, and seeks self-development/growth.
What It’s Like to Work Here:
We are a purpose driven company aiming to empower the next generation to explore the wonder of childhood and reach their full potential. We live up to our purpose employing the following behaviors:
- We collaborate: Being a part of Mattel means being part of one team with shared values and common goals. Every person counts and working closely together always brings better results. Partnership is our process and our collective capabilities is our superpower.
- We innovate: At Mattel we always aim to find new and better ways to create innovative products and experiences. No matter where you work in the organization, you can always make a difference and have real impact. We welcome new ideas and value new initiatives that challenge conventional thinking.
- We execute: We are a performance driven company. We strive for excellence and are focused on pursuing best in class outcomes. We believe in accountability and ownership and know that our people are at their best when they are empowered to create and deliver results.
Who We Are:
Mattel is a leading global toy company and owner of one of the strongest catalogs of children’s and family entertainment franchises in the world. We create innovative products and experiences that inspire, entertain and develop children through play. We engage consumers through our portfolio of iconic brands, including Barbie, Hot Wheels, Fisher-Price, American Girl, Thomas & Friends, UNO and MEGA, as well as other popular intellectual properties that we own or license in partnership with global entertainment companies. Our offerings include film and television content, gaming, music and live events. We operate in 35 locations and our products are available in more than 150 countries in collaboration with the world’s leading retail and ecommerce companies. Since its founding in 1945, Mattel is proud to be a trusted partner in empowering children to explore the wonder of childhood and reach their full potential.
Visit us at https://jobs.mattel.com/ and www.instagram.com/MattelCareers.
Mattel is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer where we want you to bring your authentic self to work every day. We welcome all job seekers including minorities, females, veterans, individuals with disabilities, and those of all sexual orientations and gender identities.