We're looking for people who are up for the challenge of honoring a seventy-five year legacy by making their own mark in new frontiers. If being part of a remarkable transformation energizes you, you're in the right place. We need pioneers, inventors, designers and entrepreneurs of all kinds.
Please turn off any pop up blockers before clicking apply now
CREATIVITY IS OUR SUPERPOWER. It’s our heritage and it’s also our future. Because we don’t just make toys. We create innovative products and experiences that inspire, entertain and develop children through play. Mattel is at its best when every member of our team feels respected, included, and heard—when everyone can show up as themselves and do their best work every day. We value and share an infinite range of ideas and voices that evolve and broaden our perspectives with a reach that extends into all our brands, partners, and suppliers.
- The Licensing Operations team manages all global licensing activities for royalties, invoicing, collections, contract administration and system support. Our clients include Content, CP, Live Events and Interactive sales and finance teams. This is a new group that is growing to better support Mattel’s long-term strategy to exploit its library of IP. Expect a fast-paced role where you get to make decisions that impact the improvement of this team.
The position will be a member of a dynamic team, reporting to Supervisor Finance, Licensing Operations focused on managing, analyzing and processing royalties using systematic tools to actualize our royalty revenue and following the process through to manage Collections and our outstanding AR.
What Your Impact Will Be:
- Review Licensing deal terms for compliance with the system, validate against statements
- Approve and issue invoices to customers
- Chase customers for statements, upload to the system for validation and post activity
- Meet cash and processing monthly targets
- Credit Control duties include chasing for payments via email and telephone, dealing with multi currencies and assisting with cash allocations
- Maintain accurate records of all chasing activity
- Managing Mattel’s risk of bad debt and write-off activities
- Provide ongoing support to internal teams by troubleshooting issues, identifying and implementing long-term solutions, and short-term resolutions if necessary
- Provide training documents and lead training sessions
- Build reports to support business needs
Manage Projects including:
- Training Licensees on loading statements to Extranet tool
- Handle support questions from internal and external parties
- Collate and validate data to be used to implement and enhance system tools available to improve processes
What We’re Looking For:
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Strong business software application knowledge
- Strong time management and organizational skills
- Proactive mindset with the ability to provide creative solutions to complex problems
- Willingness to take responsibility and drive process improvements
- Leader as well as a team player
- Detail-orientated with an ability to see the big picture, multitask and work on cross-divisional projects with many stakeholders
- Strong Microsoft Excel skills and proficiency in Microsoft Word, Outlook, and PowerPoint
- Ability to learn quickly and work independently, planning timelines to manage multiple priorities and deadlines
- Business or finance-related experience, working in a commercial organization within the finance or accounts department
- Experience working in a fast-paced environment with a focus on detail-orientated work
- Strong Excel Skills and ability to manipulate complex, raw data to provide analytics and insights
- Understanding of administrative and accounting processes, related to licensing is advantageous but not essential)
What It’s Like to Work Here:
We are a purpose driven company aiming to empower the next generation to explore the wonder of childhood and reach their full potential. We live up to our purpose employing the following behaviors:
- We collaborate: Being a part of Mattel means being part of one team with shared values and common goals. Every person counts and working closely together always brings better results. Partnership is our process and our collective capabilities is our superpower.
- We innovate: At Mattel we always aim to find new and better ways to create innovative products and experiences. No matter where you work in the organization, you can always make a difference and have real impact. We welcome new ideas and value new initiatives that challenge conventional thinking.
- We execute: We are a performance driven company. We strive for excellence and are focused on pursuing best in class outcomes. We believe in accountability and ownership and know that our people are at their best when they are empowered to create and deliver results.
Our Approach to Hybrid Work
We embrace a hybrid work model to empower a culture of growth, optimism, and wellbeing, where everyone can deliver on our shared purpose and realize their full potential. Combining purposeful in-person collaboration with tech-enabled hybrid work, our focus is to provide flexibility while enabling collaboration for moments that matter.
Who We Are:
Mattel is a leading global toy company and owner of one of the strongest catalogs of children’s and family entertainment franchises in the world. We create innovative products and experiences that inspire, entertain and develop children through play. We engage consumers through our portfolio of iconic brands, including Barbie, Hot Wheels, Fisher-Price, American Girl, Thomas & Friends, UNO and MEGA, as well as other popular intellectual properties that we own or license in partnership with global entertainment companies. Our offerings include film and television content, gaming, music and live events. We operate in 35 locations and our products are available in more than 150 countries in collaboration with the world’s leading retail and ecommerce companies. Since its founding in 1945, Mattel is proud to be a trusted partner in empowering children to explore the wonder of childhood and reach their full potential.
Visit us at https://jobs.mattel.com/ and www.instagram.com/MattelCareers.
Mattel is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer where we want you to bring your authentic self to work every day. We welcome all job seekers including minorities, females, veterans, individuals with disabilities, and those of all sexual orientations and gender identities.