We're looking for people who are up for the challenge of honoring a seventy-five year legacy by making their own mark in new frontiers. If being part of a remarkable transformation energizes you, you're in the right place. We need pioneers, inventors, designers and entrepreneurs of all kinds.
Assistant Brand Manager - Fisher Price
Please turn off any pop up blockers before clicking apply now
CREATIVITY IS OUR SUPERPOWER. It’s our heritage and it’s also our future. Because we don’t just make toys. We create innovative products and experiences that inspire, entertain and develop children through play. Mattel is at its best when every member of our team feels respected, included, and heard—when everyone can show up as themselves and do their best work every day. We value and share an infinite range of ideas and voices that evolve and broaden our perspectives with a reach that extends into all our brands, partners, and suppliers.
The EMEA Regional Marketing team is responsible for defining the EMEA wide strategy and works in close partnership with Global Marketing, ensuring Europe’s needs are taken into account when developing products and assets - this includes using our rich brand and category expertise to create bespoke requirements to support local markets.
We're searching for an Assistant Brand Manager to BOOST our Fisher-Price Baby, Infant and Toddler categories, this role supports and reports to the Infant Preschool (IPS) EMEA Marketing Manager.
You'll be responsible for supporting the development of (winning!) European Brand strategies, Marketing plans and tactics (4P’s) as well as the assets required to effectively deliver plans across the region in order to gain category share in a profitable way.
The role requires close collaboration with the EMEA IPS Marketing Lead, Global Brand teams (GBT), the local Marketing and Digital Marketing teams, and Planning team to support the Brand/Category action plans.
The Infant/Toddler Portfolio is an exciting proposition with huge opportunities in digital marketing, digital content creation (targeted at parents and gift givers), as well the marketing fundamentals around product selection and pricing.
What Your Impact Will Be:
- Develop and execute the Regional brand strategies.
- Collaborate closely with the GBT and with other members of the Regional Marketing Team (day to day communication) for effective brand management.
- Define and manage recommended line architecture (inc. pricing).
- Complement global marketing and local retail plans by identifying gaps for the region and develop regional assets and plans.
- Lead digital asset creation and implementation across the region, working closely with GBT and local agencies.
- Support ‘excellence in execution’ on all product processes, from new product set-up, to tracking key items, and new product launch forecast and availability with Planning team and markets.
- Engage, align and update local marketing teams on the portfolio, products, initiatives and assets.
- Work in collaboration with local markets to gain constant insights on activation plans and implementation results, share results and best practice within the region and with GBT.
- Manage trade show implementation to bring to life our exciting portfolio.
What We’re Looking For:
- Degree in Marketing, Sales, Business Administration (Bachelor/Masters/Diploma) or equivalent qualification
- Commercial/marketing experience within Brand Marketing in Toys, FMCG or licensed consumer goods (12-24 months)
- Experience working within brand marketing or consumer products for a Licensor, or experience working with Licensors (preferably in the children’s entertainment sector) also an advantage
- Ability to work in a wide variety of projects with aggressive deadlines, and can multi-task accordingly
- Can work effectively in a fast-paced environment
- Great tactical skills, ability to be flexible and react quickly to changing situations
- Build and maintain strong and effective, collaborative relationships with a large number of stakeholders
- Proactive problem solver with a creative and analytical mind-set, able to read and interpret data and make proactive recommendations based on given insight
- Positive attitude, will-do-can-do
- Highly competitive spirit
- Results orientated, winning mentality, and a strong will to succeed
- Comfortable using MS Office suite
- Fluency in written and spoken English
What It’s Like to Work Here:
We are a purpose driven company aiming to empower the next generation to explore the wonder of childhood and reach their full potential. We live up to our purpose employing the following behaviors:
- We collaborate: Being a part of Mattel means being part of one team with shared values and common goals. Every person counts and working closely together always brings better results. Partnership is our process and our collective capabilities is our superpower.
- We innovate: At Mattel we always aim to find new and better ways to create innovative products and experiences. No matter where you work in the organization, you can always make a difference and have real impact. We welcome new ideas and value new initiatives that challenge conventional thinking.
- We execute: We are a performance driven company. We strive for excellence and are focused on pursuing best in class outcomes. We believe in accountability and ownership and know that our people are at their best when they are empowered to create and deliver results.
Our Approach to Hybrid Work
We embrace a hybrid work model to empower a culture of growth, optimism, and wellbeing, where everyone can deliver on our shared purpose and realize their full potential. Combining purposeful in-person collaboration with tech-enabled hybrid work, our focus is to provide flexibility while enabling collaboration for moments that matter.
Who We Are:
Mattel is a leading global toy company and owner of one of the strongest catalogs of children’s and family entertainment franchises in the world. We create innovative products and experiences that inspire, entertain and develop children through play. We engage consumers through our portfolio of iconic brands, including Barbie, Hot Wheels, Fisher-Price, American Girl, Thomas & Friends, UNO and MEGA, as well as other popular intellectual properties that we own or license in partnership with global entertainment companies. Our offerings include film and television content, gaming, music and live events. We operate in 35 locations and our products are available in more than 150 countries in collaboration with the world’s leading retail and ecommerce companies. Since its founding in 1945, Mattel is proud to be a trusted partner in empowering children to explore the wonder of childhood and reach their full potential.
Mattel is recognized for the second year in a row as a Great Place to Work™ and as one of Fast Company’s Best Workplaces for Innovators in 2022.
Visit us at https://jobs.mattel.com/ and www.instagram.com/MattelCareers.
Mattel is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer where we want you to bring your authentic self to work every day. We welcome all job seekers including minorities, females, veterans, individuals with disabilities, and those of all sexual orientations and gender identities.