We're looking for people who are up for the challenge of honoring a seventy-five year legacy by making their own mark in new frontiers. If being part of a remarkable transformation energizes you, you're in the right place. We need pioneers, inventors, designers and entrepreneurs of all kinds.
Category Manager - Amazon
Please turn off any pop up blockers before clicking apply now
CREATIVITY IS OUR SUPERPOWER. It’s our heritage and it’s also our future. Because we don’t just make toys. We create innovative products and experiences that inspire, entertain and develop children through play. Mattel is at its best when every member of our team feels respected, included, and heard—when everyone can show up as themselves and do their best work every day. We value and share an infinite range of ideas and voices that evolve and broaden our perspectives with a reach that extends into all our brands, partners, and suppliers.
With the explosion of growth in eCom and Amazon, Mattel has acted quickly to win in this space by evolving our operating model, team structure and brand proposition to enable us to succeed and be partners of choice for Amazon. As a result, we have seen significant sales growth ahead of the trend in this area!
The Mattel Amazon team operates as a separate Regional Team within Europe, set up in a matrix structure with dedicated Sales, Marketing, Finance, Supply Chain and HR functions, located across the region in UK, Germany, France, Italy, Spain and Netherlands.
In line with Amazon’s expansion we’ve also evolved from managing 5 European markets to 9, with Netherlands, Sweden, Poland and Belgium launching over the last 3 years. We have also introduced a new Marketing team with regional focus on Category Management and Media. This has further supported how we can partner closely with Amazon to leverage our joint strategy and solidify our strong pan-European business relationship.
We always strive to challenge and re-invent our ways of operating to ensure we continue winning in the eCom space – if you’re motivated by this challenge then come and join us!
You’ll join the European Amazon marketing team reporting to Amazon marketing director. You’ll be accountable for driving the Amazon category plans for for Dolls and Vehicles (from line selection to activations to drive POS), working with local marketing and key account managers to maximize all business opportunities, and collaborate with the Amazon media team to build a winning media plan. We’ll rely on you to drive the creative development for DSP campaigns and brand stores, you’ll also manage a senior associate in charge of action figures and games categories.
We’re looking for a strong commercial background - either marketing or sales - with a focus on building plans to drive POS performance. The role requires experience in influencing and collaborating with a large group of stakeholders i.e. local and regional marketing, media and creative agency, key account manager, planning etc. Given the nature of Amazon, this is a fast paced and data driven role, so it’s important for the successful candidate to demonstrate prior experience in similar environments.
What Your Impact Will Be...
- Responsibility to drive dolls and vehicles category on Amazon across EU 8 – 140M$.
- Category and brand performance analysis (Profitero, NPD…) to understand category opportunity.
- Build Amazon category strategy for dolls and vehicles: growth ambition, activation focus, marketing campaign.
- Input into media team as brand/category expert to optimise brand search strategy and DSP campaign and input on budget split by brand.
- Execute best in class Disney Princess Mattel launch on Amazon.
- Owner of cross functional category meetings (working closely with local marketing, regional marketing and KAMs) to drive actions and manage risks and leverage opportunities within the category to deliver stretch.
- Day to day recommendation on how to optimise POS (promotional drive, quotas, campaign optimisation…).
- Define optimal product range and recommend quotas to key accounts.
- Develop DSP campaign creative and shop in shop creative.
- Recommend strategy for key promotional moments (Prime Day, Black Friday).
- Develop additional relevant initiative to drive Amazon business.
- Partner with CP teams to support key item launch.
- Best in class execution: SIOC transition, optimised SEO titles, audit of page quality, shop in shop update…
- Management of senior associate (on AF and games).
What We’re Looking For...
- Proven experience in sales and/or marketing
- Demonstrable commercial experience
- Prior experience in eCommerce/Amazon advantageous - or a clear desire to develop capabilities in this space
- A strategic thinker and a disciplined operator, able to continually improve processes and refine best practice, while also knowing when quick action needs to be taken to achieve results
- Proven ability to engage with key stakeholders in a matrix organisation, building strong collaborative relationships & establishing themselves as a subject matter expert
- Able to juggle multiple conflicting priorities and to be at ease with ambiguous situations
- Experience working across multiple EMEA markets is an advantage
- Fluency in English
What It’s Like to Work Here...
We are a purpose driven company aiming to empower the next generation to explore the wonder of childhood and reach their full potential. We live up to our purpose employing the following behaviors:
- We collaborate: Being a part of Mattel means being part of one team with shared values and common goals. Every person counts and working closely together always brings better results. Partnership is our process and our collective capabilities is our superpower.
- We innovate: At Mattel we always aim to find new and better ways to create innovative products and experiences. No matter where you work in the organization, you can always make a difference and have real impact. We welcome new ideas and value new initiatives that challenge conventional thinking.
- We execute: We are a performance driven company. We strive for excellence and are focused on pursuing best in class outcomes. We believe in accountability and ownership and know that our people are at their best when they are empowered to create and deliver results.
Our Approach to Hybrid Work...
We embrace a hybrid work model to empower a culture of growth, optimism, and wellbeing, where everyone can deliver on our shared purpose and realize their full potential. Combining purposeful in-person collaboration with tech-enabled hybrid work, our focus is to provide flexibility while enabling collaboration for moments that matter.
Who We Are...
Mattel is a leading global toy company and owner of one of the strongest catalogs of children’s and family entertainment franchises in the world. We create innovative products and experiences that inspire, entertain and develop children through play. We engage consumers through our portfolio of iconic brands, including Barbie, Hot Wheels, Fisher-Price, American Girl, Thomas & Friends, UNO and MEGA, as well as other popular intellectual properties that we own or license in partnership with global entertainment companies. Our offerings include film and television content, gaming, music and live events. We operate in 35 locations and our products are available in more than 150 countries in collaboration with the world’s leading retail and ecommerce companies. Since its founding in 1945, Mattel is proud to be a trusted partner in empowering children to explore the wonder of childhood and reach their full potential.
Mattel is recognized for the second year in a row as a Great Place to Work™ and as one of Fast Company’s Best Workplaces for Innovators in 2022.
Visit us at https://jobs.mattel.com/ and www.instagram.com/MattelCareers.
Mattel is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer where we want you to bring your authentic self to work every day. We welcome all job seekers including minorities, females, veterans, individuals with disabilities, and those of all sexual orientations and gender identities.