We're looking for people who are up for the challenge of honoring a seventy-five year legacy by making their own mark in new frontiers. If being part of a remarkable transformation energizes you, you're in the right place. We need pioneers, inventors, designers and entrepreneurs of all kinds.
Consumer Products Associate
Please turn off any pop up blockers before clicking apply now
CREATIVITY IS OUR SUPERPOWER. It’s our heritage and it’s also our future. Because we don’t just make toys. We create innovative products and experiences that inspire, entertain and develop children through play. Mattel is at its best when every member of our team feels respected, included, and heard—when everyone can show up as themselves and do their best work every day. We value and share an infinite range of ideas and voices that evolve and broaden our perspectives with a reach that extends into all our brands, partners, and suppliers.
You’ll be joining the Consumer Products team in an Associate role for the UK & IRELAND. Based out of our new UK office in Slough however with a flexible hybrid home/office working as part of a team of seven, you’ll report directly to the Manager, Consumer Products.
You will manage key Soft-lines categories in line with global and regional brand & category priorities. You will manage the day-to-day licensing business relationships with key soft-lines partners, identify pitch and negotiate new business opportunities, and day to day liaison with internal & external stakeholders. Category leading and supporting for assigned categories, for the UK & EMEA. Categories include, but not limited to: Apparel, Home, Greetings, Gifting, Accessories and Health & Beauty.
What Your Impact Will Be:
- Manage existing licensing deals and licensee relationships and gather specific category & retail information
- Conduct quarterly business reviews and track financial goals
- Secure new licensing deals and negotiate renewals
- Negotiate deal terms and submit for legal drafting ensuring all relevant approvals have been gathered and all information required is present and correct
- Liaise with the legal team and licensee on contract drafting
- Research, identify and pitch new category opportunities and prospective clients
- Work closely with the Product Development, Creative and Quality & Assurance teams on getting first-class products to market
- Work closely with Retail Development, Digital, PR, Regional Franchise and Local Brand teams to develop joint business plans.
- Implement marketing and promotional strategies in liaison with internal & external stakeholders
- Act as category lead for assigned categories for the region
- Manage extension of local deals into additional EMEA countries
- Gather and share category best practice from across the EMEA region with local teams
- Help find innovative ways to grow the business
- Prepare brand pitch and marketing presentations across Mattel’s IP portfolio of brands
- General coordination of the team, in order to ensure the efficient running and effective working of the team
- Attend Trade Fairs or category-specific shows
What We’re Looking For:
- 2+ years and areas of experience in licensing or retail
- Degree in Marketing or business or similar or equivalent experience
- Personable, enthusiastic, and confident, able to build good relationships
- Must have passion for product development, a creative eye
- Demonstrate awareness of current market trends and an interest in consumer products
- Must be commercially aware
- Effective negotiation and good presentation skills
- Excellent organization and communication, with a strong attention to detail
- Excellent project management skills.
- Good numeracy skills.
- Strong ability to multi-task.
- Ability to work well under pressure and meet deadlines
- Team player, flexible, pro-active, and self-motivated with the desire to help drive the business forward
What It’s Like to Work Here:
We are a purpose driven company aiming to empower the next generation to explore the wonder of childhood and reach their full potential. We live up to our purpose employing the following behaviors:
- We collaborate: Being a part of Mattel means being part of one team with shared values and common goals. Every person counts and working closely together always brings better results. Partnership is our process and our collective capabilities is our superpower.
- We innovate: At Mattel we always aim to find new and better ways to create innovative products and experiences. No matter where you work in the organization, you can always make a difference and have real impact. We welcome new ideas and value new initiatives that challenge conventional thinking.
- We execute: We are a performance driven company. We strive for excellence and are focused on pursuing best in class outcomes. We believe in accountability and ownership and know that our people are at their best when they are empowered to create and deliver results.
Our Approach to Hybrid Work
We embrace a hybrid work model to empower a culture of growth, optimism, and wellbeing, where everyone can deliver on our shared purpose and realize their full potential. Combining purposeful in-person collaboration with tech-enabled hybrid work, our focus is to provide flexibility while enabling collaboration for moments that matter.
Who We Are:
Mattel is a leading global toy company and owner of one of the strongest catalogs of children’s and family entertainment franchises in the world. We create innovative products and experiences that inspire, entertain and develop children through play. We engage consumers through our portfolio of iconic brands, including Barbie, Hot Wheels, Fisher-Price, American Girl, Thomas & Friends, UNO and MEGA, as well as other popular intellectual properties that we own or license in partnership with global entertainment companies. Our offerings include film and television content, gaming, music and live events. We operate in 35 locations and our products are available in more than 150 countries in collaboration with the world’s leading retail and ecommerce companies. Since its founding in 1945, Mattel is proud to be a trusted partner in empowering children to explore the wonder of childhood and reach their full potential.
Visit us at https://jobs.mattel.com/ and www.instagram.com/MattelCareers.
Mattel is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer where we want you to bring your authentic self to work every day. We welcome all job seekers including minorities, females, veterans, individuals with disabilities, and those of all sexual orientations and gender identities.