We're looking for people who are up for the challenge of honoring a seventy-year legacy by making their own mark in new frontiers. If being part of a remarkable transformation energizes you, you’re in the right place. We need pioneers, inventors, designers, and entrepreneurs of all kinds.
Please turn off any pop up blockers before clicking apply now
We are seeking a Counsel level lawyer for a 12-month fixed term maternity cover, located in Mattel’s Slough, UK office. The lawyer will support Mattel’s Consumer Products business across Europe, the Middle East and Africa (EMEA) and is responsible for the drafting, negotiating and managing of Consumer Products contracts for a broad range of Mattel brands. Mattel’s licensing practice is also supported by Law Department members in Los Angeles and New York with whom the lawyer will work.
- Draft, review, negotiate and oversee Consumer Products licence agreements across EMEA with third party licensees and/or agents.
- Draft incidental documents such as contract amendments, termination letters and notices of breach.
- Provide strategic legal and business support and advice to Mattel’s Consumer Products business team that is appropriately risk balanced.
- Be an effective partner to senior executives and cultivate their trust and confidence.
- Manage deals with risks and the long-term in mind, but without losing sight of the imperative to advance Mattel’s business.
- Close deals – often with challenging deadlines.
- Identify issues early and creatively solve them.
- Assist additional business teams across Mattel’s licensing practice and work with lawyers in the wider Law Department.
- Manage or assist with special projects relating to the Consumer Products practice, as required.
- Assist with any ad hoc matters as and when required.
- This position will evolve, and may expand to include areas beyond those listed here, as Mattel’s needs evolve.
- Admitted/qualified as a Solicitor/Lawyer.
- 3+ years post qualification experience working on licensing or related areas, preferably including experience at a top-tier law firm and/or relevant in-house experience.
- Experience with related issues involving local regulations, risk avoidance, insurance and EU competition law.
- Strong leadership ability to excel, and inspire staff to excel, in a culture that fosters and demands accountability, speed, trust, and ethical conduct. Work effectively within a talented, high-performing team.
- Be intellectually curious and eager to grow and develop. Be humble; recognize a continuing need to “learn on the job”; be receptive to constructive feedback; and elevate issues that are beyond one’s knowledge or comfort zone.
- Excellent communication and organisational skills with sharp attention to detail.
- Work well under pressure.
- Personable and able to work well both in a team and across different cultures.
- Good commercial awareness and commercially driven.
- Proactively manage expectations of clients, business partners, and staff. Also proactively manage deals, administrative functions, outside counsel and issues across offices, time zones, and sub-practice areas.
- Skillfully juggle constantly changing priorities and sometimes conflicting objectives.
- Write and present in a concise, lucid manner – in emails, memos, presentations, and contracts.
- Maintain a professional demeanor, in writing and in person, with clients, support staff, management, outside counsel, and business partners.
- Good knowledge of Microsoft Office; Excel, Word and PowerPoint
What It’s Like to Work Here:
Mattel is passionate about our employee experience, which is built on community, opportunity and purpose. Our employees are at their best when they’re recognized, rewarded, and empowered to drive their own Mattel journey – that’s why we offer flexible work schedules, unlimited paid time off for exempt employees, a generous holiday schedule, and a competitive compensation and benefits package. Depending on location, we also provide on-site resources like childcare and a fitness center to help seamlessly integrate work and life. There are endless opportunities to grow here, with a strong focus on career development, open access to senior leadership, and on-site and online training. Employees often say the best part of working at Mattel is the people, and we build our community through employee resource groups, clubs, leagues and activities that allow you to bring the “whole you” to work. We’re a family-friendly, inclusive, purpose-driven company that provides ample time and unique opportunities to give back to the communities in which we work and play.
Who We Are:
Mattel is a leading global children's entertainment company that specializes in design and production of quality toys and consumer products. We create innovative products and experiences that inspire, entertain and develop children through play. We engage consumers through our portfolio of iconic franchises, including Barbie®, Hot Wheels®, American Girl®, Fisher-Price®, Thomas & Friends® and MEGA®, as well as other popular brands that we own or license in partnership with global entertainment companies. Our offerings include film and television content, gaming, music and live events. We operate in 40 locations and sell products in more than 150 countries in collaboration with the world's leading retail and technology companies. Since its founding in 1945, Mattel is proud to be a trusted partner in exploring the wonder of childhood and empowering kids to reach their full potential.
Visit us at https://jobs.mattel.com/ and www.instagram.com/MattelCareers.
Mattel is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer where we want you to bring your authentic self to work every day. We welcome all job seekers including minorities, females, veterans, individuals with disabilities, and those of all sexual orientations and gender identities.
You have not recently viewed any jobs.
You have no saved jobs.