We're looking for people who are up for the challenge of honoring a seventy-year legacy by making their own mark in new frontiers. If being part of a remarkable transformation energizes you, you’re in the right place. We need pioneers, inventors, designers, and entrepreneurs of all kinds.
Sr Market Research Analyst
Please turn off any pop up blockers before clicking apply now
Sr. Market Research Analyst – EMEA Insights (contract for 18 months). Role Start in mid-October 2020.
Purpose of Position
Mattel’s EMEA Insights team is seeking a Sr Market Research Analyst who will be an outstanding maternity cover addition to our knowledge hub, delivering accurate, insightful analysis to drive people-based decision making. In this role you will have a passion for uncovering and analyzing impact of data shifts, identifying trends and drilling into the nuance of Sales data across countries in the EMEA region. Utilizing your multimarket experience, you will be comfortable juggling multiple projects and information sources at once. This is for someone passionate about data, enjoys working with broad data sets and bringing the insight to the attention of key stakeholders across the EMEA region.
Main Tasks and Accountabilities:
- Lead the relationship with external data agencies, primarily focused on NPD for sales data across the region.
- Drive actionable insight into the EMEA Sales, Marketing and Commercial organisation to stimulate sales growth, maximize profit and market share and mitigate risk
- Create data dashboards, graphs and visualizations and continue our drive for data automation through visualization platforms.
- Mine and analyze large data sets, draw valid inferences and present them successfully to management using a reporting tool. Produce regular weekly / monthly customer business summaries that increase knowledge and insights into our impact at the point of purchase
- Highly audience aware and engaged, equally able to consolidate large quantities of data and insight into short form hard hitting content as with getting into highly granular depths of detail.
- Lead category and customer specific insights projects leveraging internal, external, agency and project sourced data sources to build out compelling and engaging business presentations.
- Presenting insights to wide groups of stakeholders both internal, and external at all levels of seniority
- Proactively interrogate external data and insights resources to contextualize Mattel performance and inform and challenge key stakeholders
- Support and Advise Marketing and Sales Teams with insight related to pricing, promotional mechanics, media performance and ranging
- Create ad hoc reports and analysis supporting on going business with finding relevant information helpful building relevant insights
- At least 4 years of experience in the market data analysis function, with a minimum of a bachelors degree.
- Strong proficiency in full Microsoft suite of products. Strong Excel skills essential.
- Good experience in use of Tableau – preferably in Dashboard design.
- Strong written & spoken English essential.
- Experience in a similar, seasonal, fast paced manufacturing / distribution organization. Alternatively retailing.
- Committed & driven to high levels of performance
- Be able to demonstrate thought leadership from past roles
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills and confident to recommend innovative solutions and actions.
- Strong organizational skills / ability to prioritize
- Strong communication skills
- Ability to work in a matrix organisation
What It’s Like to Work Here:
We are a purpose driven company aiming to empower the next generation to explore the wonder of childhood and reach their full potential. We live up to our purpose employing the following behaviors:
- We collaborate: Being a part of Mattel means being part of one team with shared values and common goals. Every person counts and working closely together always brings better results. Partnership is our process and our collective capabilities is our superpower.
- We innovate: At Mattel we always aim to find new and better ways to create innovative products and experiences. No matter where you work in the organization, you can always make a difference and have real impact. We welcome new ideas and value new initiatives that challenge conventional thinking.
- We execute: We are a performance driven company. We strive for excellence and are focused on pursuing best in class outcomes. We believe in accountability and ownership and know that our people are at their best when they are empowered to create and deliver results.
Who We Are:
Mattel is a leading global toy company and owner of one of the strongest catalogs of children’s and family entertainment franchises in the world. We create innovative products and experiences that inspire, entertain and develop children through play. We engage consumers through our portfolio of iconic brands, including Barbie, Hot Wheels, Fisher-Price, American Girl, Thomas & Friends, UNO and MEGA, as well as other popular intellectual properties that we own or license in partnership with global entertainment companies. Our offerings include film and television content, gaming, music and live events. We operate in 35 locations and our products are available in more than 150 countries in collaboration with the world’s leading retail and ecommerce companies. Since its founding in 1945, Mattel is proud to be a trusted partner in empowering children to explore the wonder of childhood and reach their full potential.
Visit us at https://jobs.mattel.com/ and www.instagram.com/MattelCareers.
Mattel is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer where we want you to bring your authentic self to work every day. We welcome all job seekers including minorities, females, veterans, individuals with disabilities, and those of all sexual orientations and gender identities.
You have not recently viewed any jobs.
You have no saved jobs.